Some unfinished business in Fantasyland

mharrington

Original Poster
It looks interesting, but does it use the new animation based off the current Mickey Mouse shorts along with Chris’ Mickey voice?

No, it does not. That's what Runaway Railway is about. This is based more on the classic cartoons, and with Bret Iwan voicing Mickey. In fact, I'm even thinking of having Donald be voiced not by Tony Anselmo, but by Daniel Ross, who does Donald's voice on "Mickey and the Roadster Racers".

mharrington

Original Poster
Okay. If it makes it somewhat good you could always archive Walt’s voice of Mickey from Mickey’s Circus & Magician Mickey.

That really would not work, considering, for one thing, that I already considered that the ride would end with things in ruins, but Mickey tries to play things down by saying the damage is minor (like how Kermit does at the end of Muppet-Vision).

Besides, Mickey very seldom speaks in either of those cartoons you mentioned.

mharrington

Original Poster
Excellent work! Incredibly well thought out! You've really outdone yourself this time!

Thanks.

I almost forgot to include the license plate references in the ride, which I will get to, but I'm debating whether to put Storybook Circus as its own land or to keep part of Fantasyland. I'm pondering the latter, mainly because it actually stems from the old "Disneyland" TV show, which would typically show any episode pertaining to Mickey and the gang in Fantasyland. But that's just my opinion. Regardless, I'm also thinking of renaming the land to Mickey's Storybook Circus, as a kind of nod to history (a return to Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair).

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks.

I almost forgot to include the license plate references in the ride, which I will get to, but I'm debating whether to put Storybook Circus as its own land or to keep part of Fantasyland. I'm pondering the latter, mainly because it actually stems from the old "Disneyland" TV show, which would typically show any episode pertaining to Mickey and the gang in Fantasyland. But that's just my opinion. Regardless, I'm also thinking of renaming the land to Mickey's Storybook Circus, as a kind of nod to history (a return to Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair).
Personally, i think the Circus works better as a seperate land. The rest Fantasyland flows very well together (even the old faire tents) as a European Fairytale Forest around an enchanted castle. The Circus is a fantastical, American circus. Which is magical in a very different way than the fairy tales of the rest of the land.

I love changing it to Mickey's Storybook Circus and making the fab five presence more noticeable.

mharrington

Original Poster
Personally, i think the Circus works better as a seperate land. The rest Fantasyland flows very well together (even the old faire tents) as a European Fairytale Forest around an enchanted castle. The Circus is a fantastical, American circus. Which is magical in a very different way than the fairy tales of the rest of the land.

I love changing it to Mickey's Storybook Circus and making the fab five presence more noticeable.

Well, "Dumbo" is set in America, and the Dumbo and Casey Jr. rides are found in Fantasyland in other parks, so Fantasyland is not entirely European-based.

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
As promised, here is one more tidbit about Mickey's House of Wonders: a wall of license plates in the car room. As stated earlier, it is derivative of the license plates in the queue for Roger Rabbit at Disneyland, whose jumbles of letters and numbers form the meanings of various Disney things.

In fact, at least three of them are the exact same as in Roger Rabbit:

CAP 10 HK (Captain Hook)
L MERM8 (Little Mermaid)
101 DALMN (101 Dalmatians)

Other license plate combinations will include:

1E D PU (Winnie the Pooh)
RSQRS (The Rescuers)
0 2 HERO (Zero To Hero)
MAD HAT R (Mad Hatter)
ANA N LSA (Anna and Elsa)
MIK N MIN (Mickey and Minnie)

That last one, by the way, is a reference to the license plate on Mickey's car parked by his house at the old Birthdayland/Starland.

mharrington

Original Poster
One reason why I was thinking of retaining it for Fantasyland rather than separate Storybook Circus into its own land is, admittedly, a minor one: the sign on the train station, which clearly has "Fantasyland" displayed on it, as you can see:
toontownstn_flstationsign2012ww.jpg

I could theoretically change the sign to, say, Carolwood Park, but then that would make the signage redundant (as the clock indicates), as well as suggest that the land should be called, maybe, "Carolwood Park Featuring Mickey's Storybook Circus", which sounds like quite a mouthful for a land name, don't you think? A long (official) name for an attraction is one thing, but a long name for a land is another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom