Some things I noticed today at Magic Kingdom

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
Today I visited the Magic Kingdom to try out some new stuff and see some old favorites. Here are some general observations I noticed during my visit:

• The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is a great value for your money. The amount of food you get at the price you pay is very reasonable. There also wasn't much of a crowd surrounding the restaurant at all. That is probably due to the fact that its pretty hidden.
  • Country Bear Jamboree needs an audio refurbishment really bad. The music/voices were muffled a lot and it bordered on not being able to understand what they were saying at all.
  • The rehab on "its a small world" is awesome. Everything looks freshly painted and the whole thing looks better than ever. This is how a refurbishment should be done.
  • A lot of the seats in Mickey's PhilharMagic need repairing. About half I saw had holes/rips of some kind. It was really bad show.
  • Cinderellabration is not as bad as people here make it out to be but its still pretty average. The applause I heard after the show seemed pretty low key. Nothing special in this show.
  • Disney has some how made Stitch's Great Escape worse. The new kids voices during the darkness ruins the whole effect. The attraction now has no idea what it wants to be. It keeps tetering on Alien Encounter-type scariness and just plain stupidity. The new castle ending is definitely better than the old ending but thats not saying much. SGE is just pretty bad all around
Those are my MK observations for the day. Discuss.

Boo's Mom

OmegaKnight said:
[*]A lot of the seats in Mickey's PhilharMagic need repairing. About half I saw had holes/rips of some kind. It was really bad show.

What made Mickey's PhilharMagic bad? was it the seats or did you just not like the show in general? I loved that show!
The rest I cannot comment on as I have not seen them

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
Boo's Mom said:
What made Mickey's PhilharMagic bad? was it the seats or did you just not like the show in general? I loved that show!
There was nothing wrong with the actual PhilharMagic show, just the theatre seats that the guests sit in. They looked really bad with all the holes and such.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Boo's Mom said:

"Bad show" is a term some Disney fans use to describe disrepair/neglect on rides or in the parks/resorts.

"A bad show" would have been something different.

MommyMoses

We were there today as well.

I LOVE IASW! It looks GREAT! Everything is so bright and clean and cheerful (of course!).

The castle is fun, I think. I thought I wouldn't like the change because... it's change! But I really think it's wonderful. My 4 year old daughter and her little friend had a blast looking for characters on the castle.

We thought Cinderellabration was wonderful. Well, the girls did - and 4 year old girls really are the true judges of that, I think!

I like the extra seating area outside the Pooh ride. That's nice.

It wasn't very crowded today, which was really nice. We didn't wait long at all. (But we basically just do Fantasyland and Toontown.) The time signs indicated a much longer wait than any of our actual waits.

bhg469

I think i'm the only person who doesnt really like that show, but im shocked to find out that its already getting holes in the seats. Hopefully that gets fixed asap, its not exactly old enough to be showing signs of wear yet.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
OmegaKnight said:
Country Bear Jamboree needs an audio refurbishment really bad. The music/voices were muffled a lot and it bordered on not being able to understand what they were saying at all.

It's already gotten that bad? It was nearly perfect back in January when it returned from its annual holiday transformation.

GrumpysGal

I was in the MK on Friday and while riding Stitch, one of the blasters was not working. Were they able to fix it quickly? Or was it still not working today. I am a big fan of Stitch, but it's def. not become one of my "must do" rides in the park. It's cute once or twice, but def. will not become a classic.

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
General Grizz said:
It especially depends on where you sit. . .
That may have had something to do with it. I was in the middle of one of the back rows. As for the other question about the SGE Blasters, both of them were working when I saw the show today.

MommyMoses

OmegaKnight said:
The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station is a great value for your money. The amount of food you get at the price you pay is very reasonable. There also wasn't much of a crowd surrounding the restaurant at all. That is probably due to the fact that its pretty hidden.

Hi! Can you tell me what kind of stuff they serve? I know it's asian (I think), but I didn't know specifics. Are the prices decent?

Thanks!
Nancy

Disneyfan1981

I can't believe the seats are bad, the ride is still pretty new...I've heard nothing but bad things about Stitch, I reserve judgment until I actually ride it but I was a big AE fans.

CTXRover

I noticed the seats were like that back in March. I'm very surprised the amount of damage they've suffered in such a short amount of time. What are people doing in them? They seemed pretty heavy duty.

Keep in mind, not all the seats look like this. I noticed one or two rows that seemed really bad. Don't know when or why they got so torn up. I did notice that they have replaced the armrests once again with new blue plastic. It looks better than the first replacement which were wood but didn't match the dark stain of the rest of the chair. With time, I'm sure they'll fix the seats. They will probably be replaced with a different type of material that will last longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom