Solo Traveller

iandwilson

We booked a family holiday to WDW for August 2015 but unfortunately my partner and I have recently separated. I am therefore looking into the options, one of which is to travel solo, but wondered if it would be odd for a 32 year old man to do this?

I have been a WDW fan all of my life, having visited on numerous occasions when growing up an once as an adult. Cancelling the trip would mean losing money already paid.

Any help or advice anyone can offer would be appreciated.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I have done WDW solo a couple of times before. Both in my 20s. It certainly would not be odd! I really enjoyed my solo trips and they helped me really learn and appreciate a lot of the little things in the parks.

Not sure of your likes and dislikes, but I planned a number of meals where I knew there would be good interaction with cast members. Things like getting Fish and Chips and eating them at the bar at Rose and Crown where great conversation is always available. I spent a lot of time in the different pubs/taverns/bars around the resort but not doing a lot of drinking - those are great social places to hang out.

Enjoy yourself!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

It is not at all odd! So many people of all ages travel to WDW solo and have had their best trips doing so! I am 29 and will be going solo in November. I couldn't be more excited to go at my own pace, do what I want, eat where I want, go to any park I want... all without having to consult anyone else! I say go and enjoy it!

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Not at all... Our family ends up seemingly hanging out with solo travelers at Disney. Whether it's standing in line next to us waiting for a ride and we strike up conversation, see someone eating alone and we happen to be eating next to them and start chatting, waiting for a show to start, sometimes we end up hanging out together for a few more hours or so. Good company and always fun to meet people from other places.

Upvote 0

michaelnyc

go you will have a blast, a couple of years my partner could not go but I went alone for five days
just be social and you will make friends everywhere
cast members are the best to start conversations with, they can be very helpful
take one of the behind the scenes tours, very small group and you be sure to make some friends along the way

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

Go! One of my best trips (in 2010 when I was 39) was solo. There is always someone you can talk to but even better, if you don't want to talk, you don't have to! I love going with family and friends but there is nothing wrong with some Me Time.

Upvote 0

TexasTink

I think you should go on your own I bet you have a wonderful time I may be going on my own in January and I'm actually looking very forward to it. if you do go on your own post reviews but I've already been reading a lot of reviews and many people say they have a wonderful time on their own. think of it as me time. so I was going in August I'd be happy to have dinner. Keep us posted.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Not that odd. Go and have fun.

But you are still outside the 45 day cancellation policy, so you should be able to get a refund unless you booked through a travel agency that expressly has different terms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom