Softening demand at WDW resorts?

Tha Realest

Original Poster
Earlier this year we saw some more generous discounts off of WDW resorts and resort packages than we’ve seen since the start of the pandemic.

Now, in the last few days, I’ve gotten more than a few emails from DVC rental companies slashing their costs per points for future reservations.

I know these are only a few data points, but does this signal a softening of demand heading into late spring/summer?

Also, I fully acknowledge this comes on the heels of Genie+ selling out for one of the first times, ever, at WDW, and while priced at its highest point.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I have noticed a softening of rentals at DVC brokers as well with price slashing on points. The reality is though renting points has gotten so expensive that it’s almost not worth it.

I did the math for a November trip in a one bedroom and it was going to save us $200 to rent points. I booked through Disney instead because the risk of no cancellation or getting my money back if something happens is not worth a $200 savings. It was worth it when you were saving $750+ by renting points but those days are long gone.

The new special from DVC Rental at $19/pt would save me $700 but I’m not pulling the reservation from my travel agent and costing her the commission at this point. I’m willing to roll the dice that there will be a 20% discount for my dates this fall that will save me more than that $700.

It will be interesting to see what and if there
are fall and winter discounts from Disney.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom