"Society of Explorers and Adventurers"

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
So I'm wondering if something is happening behind the scenes that we quite haven't been told of yet. No The Adventurers Club will never come back, But....What if the AC was nowhere....and...everywhere - at the same time.

The stories about Skippers Canteen reference a once hidden and secret meeting room of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers. In the review of Jock Lindsay's the other day, WDW Magic again references this "Society".

What if Disney has 6-10 spots around the Kingdom where this society can congregate? A natural tie in would be Trader Sam's, possibly somewhere in AK, in Morocco at EPCOT, and scattered in a couple of deluxe or moderate hotels.

Imagine you could order a Kungaloosh and interact with various "old friends" in several areas of the Kingdom. I'm sure Disney would have "yearly dues" for allowing one to belong to such a prestigious "society". But I think I'd be okay with that.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
It has been nearly 15 years. SEA has yet to be anything more than another overly convoluted meta backstory.

Thanks, Debbie Downer. What I have come to learn from Disney is that if they can monetize something...it stands a chance. Not saying this is what will happen, but it'd be cool if it did.

Outside of the Old AC, the only other reference to SEA in Orlando was with BTM. Now they have a newly opened restaurant, and one under construction with references to SEA. Again not saying it will lead to anything, but you have to think Disney has some purpose intended for SEA considering it is being mentioned with new and future openings.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Thanks, Debbie Downer. What I have come to learn from Disney is that if they can monetize something...it stands a chance. Not saying this is what will happen, but it'd be cool if it did.

Outside of the Old AC, the only other reference to SEA in Orlando was with BTM. Now they have a newly opened restaurant, and one under construction with references to SEA. Again not saying it will lead to anything, but you have to think Disney has some purpose intended for SEA considering it is being mentioned with new and future openings.
It's meta self-reference put there by people who are told they are consistently told by their superiors that they are creative hacks, not a true franchise.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
"put there by people who are told they are consistently told by their superiors"

What exactly does that mean? Thanks for derailing the thread.

lazyboy97o

"put there by people who are told they are consistently told by their superiors"

What exactly does that mean? Thanks for derailing the thread.
I haven't derailed anything. SEA is not a media franchise, the only sort of content the parks are currently allowed to promote.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not really sure where this is going. My OP suggests that maybe Disney is trying to develop SEA. You disagree. I get it. Why you have to come on with the first response to a new thread with negativity...that's your deal.

I still think they may develop it. You don't. Fine. But unless you are employed with Disney occupying a high level position and know with 100 percent certainty that SEA is just a poorly thought out idea with no possibility of an execution plan...why the negativity?

There are a lot of things at Disney (World Wide) that are not a part of a "media IP franchise". To suggest that this is the pre-requisite for what gets developed within the theme parks....is well.....irresponsible.

lazyboy97o

There are a lot of things at Disney (World Wide) that are not a part of a "media IP franchise". To suggest that this is the pre-requisite for what gets developed within the theme parks....is well.....irresponsible.
It is the public, repeatedly stated position of Disney's own leadership.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
So then I can expect:

Morimotos...The Movie
Skippers Canteen...The Mini Series
The Boathouse...The HBO Series
Rivers of Light....The Infomercial

And let's not forget last year's Blockbuster "The Magic Kingdom Bus Loop"

Ok then.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I for one would join. Disney has many old Adventurers out there who would jump on board if they came up with a decent promotion of this and tied it in to a members club scattered about various locations.

tumblr_static_explorersclubfondation_1.png

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's used as a generic backstory to a lot of attractions, mainly at DisneySea, Tokyo http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140621/18738/10-disney-rides-connected-secret-society

I get that SEA is not new. It is also used as the backstory to BTM. And was the backstory to AC. I'm just commenting that now that Disney is using SEA as a backstory to Jock Lindsay, and it is part of the backstory to Skippers Canteen (places that are drawing somewhat of a comparison to the old AC - not just a queue to a ride) do you think there is a possibility that they "expand" on this backstory? It is being used and referenced in new things that are being built that don't necessarily have to do with standing in line.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
I for one would join. Disney has many old Adventurers out there who would jump on board if they came up with a decent promotion of this and tied it in to a members club scattered about various locations.

tumblr_static_explorersclubfondation_1.png

Thank You. That's exactly what I was trying to convey. SEA is a backstory ....and other than AC....has been relegated to queues. Now that this back story is a part of a bar in DS and a restaurant in MK (not sure about the adult beverage options in MK)... I'm just wondering aloud (or on a blog) if maybe Disney is trying to develop the concept a little more, and that I think it would be a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom