Soaring and 5 year old

dlmof2

Original Poster
My 5 year olds will be tall enough for soaring this year. Any parents recommend it with children or pass until they are older. Don't know much about it

Weather_Lady

My kids first went on it at ages 4 and 6, and absolutely loved it! If your kids aren't afraid of heights, I think they'd really enjoy it. (It's a simulated hang-gliding type experience, but you're seated securely in a belted seat, albeit one suspended high up with your feet hanging free. The seats tip to and fro, and create the sensation of forward movement with air blowing in your face as you watch the screen, but the movement is very smooth and gentle, as if you're really, well... soarin'.) ;)

Here's what the seats look like before they're raised up:

soarin3jpg-8e196eb24dd834af.jpg

And here they are up off the ground:

90414683.VZTUQWq5.jpg

Video of the pre-show and the Soarin' movie itself here:

Last edited:

Gomer

My kids both went on it at 4 and loved it. My older son actually got more afraid of it as he got older and had a better understanding of what was actually happening. So, I say go for it as early as possible and get them used to it.

sjhym333

I agree. It is more of a height thing then a speed thing so if your 5 year old doesn't like heights you may want to think about it but if there is no fear of heights it is a great attraction for a 5 year old.

SAV

My kids were on it as soon as they were tall enough and love it.

They do have an extra "kid strap" that you will have to use for small children. It's simply an extra strap that is between their legs that the seat belt goes through. And if they are jumpy, just hold their hand.

DizneyPryncess

I'm taking my daughter to Disney for her 4th birthday, and have Soarin on our list of things we want to take her on. I think it's appropriate for little kids as long as they're tall enough. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom