soarin' or Illuminations?

NonnaT

Original Poster
Hello! wondering if I get a FP+ for Soarin' early on my Epcot CP day (12/16-Level 3 crowds), what are the chances that I can snag an Illuminations FP+ after I ride? I'm pretty sure I can't score both on my 90 days, and not sure which I should do. We already have DP for CP and our ADR for Chefs de France at 7:30pm. Would it be better just to come out of Chefs and just look for a spot? If that's the case has anyone any great ideas for an excellent viewing spot near France? Thanks so much to all of you!

Tuvalu

To clarify you cannot book your FP+ until 60 days before your arrival if you are a Disney resort guest (30 days if offsite).

And you cannot get additional FPs until you have used all 3 of your pre-booked fastpasses, not just the first one.

It is HIGHLY unlikely there will be any same-day availability for Illuminations fastpasses. As others have recommended, the bridge between France and the UK is a great spot to watch but arrive early, it gets crowded.

erasure fan1

Soarin' all the way. The use of a FP+ on Illuminations is a waste of a FP+ In my Opinion. You can see it from almost anywhere around.
Very much agreed. I just don't see the reason for wasting a FP on any of the fireworks shows. Not only can you see them from all over, you lock your fastpasses for the rest of the day. Granted their isn't a lot to choose from after your first 3 but you can still get a few minor things anyway.

NonnaT

Original Poster
Is there somewhere other than the bridge you can recommend being? Our original ADRs were for Chefs, but got switched around when I got our resies for CP, so we are not eating at Via Napoli at 7:30 pm. Will I have time afterwards to find a spot? This a level 3 Wednesday night? What say you?

SAV

We were there in June last year and about 30 minutes before the show started, we were able to find a great spot on the railing by the "Refreshment Port" near Canada and the Showcase Plaza. We had nothing in our way and could feel the heat from the fire.

Lucky

Is there somewhere other than the bridge you can recommend being? Our original ADRs were for Chefs, but got switched around when I got our resies for CP, so we are not eating at Via Napoli at 7:30 pm. Will I have time afterwards to find a spot? This a level 3 Wednesday night? What say you?
I'd check in at 7:15. Viewing spots near Italy and Germany are very good.

Tuvalu

We had a 7:30 pm ADR at Via Napoli earlier this month. The service was unusually slow and we did not leave the restaurant until Illuminations had begun. You may have to watch from Italy.

BrianV

We had a 7:30 pm ADR at Via Napoli earlier this month. The service was unusually slow and we did not leave the restaurant until Illuminations had begun. You may have to watch from Italy.

But may I assume that was still decent?

You can see illuminations from almost anywhere. Sure, ther might be better and worse but for me personally, I'm not going to stand around for 45 minutes for a spot.

Tuvalu

But may I assume that was still decent?

You can see illuminations from almost anywhere. Sure, ther might be better and worse but for me personally, I'm not going to stand around for 45 minutes for a spot.
Oh yeah it was fine. My point was that the OP might not have the option to watch from what may some deem an "ideal spot" (for example the bridge) should her dinner at Via Napoli should run late. Personally, the only bad spots around the lagoon are some areas that are blocked by trees, but simple steps in either direction solve that problem.

I have always found it to be less crowded in the Outpost/Germany/Italy areas than other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom