Soarin Expansion

Blayne Rainey

Original Poster
With the soaring expansion, from the looks of it, getting closer and closer to finishing, do you think that Soarin' will completely close for a period of time? Or, when the new theater opens do you think that they will refurbish one theater at a time?

P_Radden

My fiancé and I rode Soarin' last week for the first time and really enjoyed it! I am very excited for the new film and hopefully a clearer projection image as well. Also, it was a surprise for us to see Patrick Warburton on the pre-ride video as we watch Rules of Engagement all the time but had no idea he was tied in with Soarin'.

JIMINYCR

He does a great job with that role. You'll find him an a lot of Disney things. Many parts in voice character roles in animated things throughout the years. His voice is very distinctive... I cant help thinking David Puddy on Seinfeld, and hes got that particular eye look.

DfromATX

This is good news! I didn't know about the expansion and I really like Patrick Warburton. We were so disappointed last time we went on it. There was some kind of dirt or scratch on the "film" which of course ruined the experience. And, after coming off of Harry Potter at you-know-where... well it kind of put Soarin' to shame. Sounds like Disney has lots of exciting new changes on the way!

Murray-Mint

I went on the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour a few days ago and the guide mentioned Soarin' would be closed between Jan and May 2016 for the upgrades and new theatres. They need to install digital projectors and update the entire queue merge/split point to cope with additional theatres.

Not sure how reliable this info is - are guest services at Epcot more informed than the bus drivers?

Clamman73

I'm wondering do they have to change out the screen material or whatever it's projected onto in order to present an ultra high definition picture in the best possible form?

Goofyernmost

Just read on the "board that cannot be named" that Soarin will be closed for 6 months starting January 2016. I just thought I'd mention it, but, I do not think that is true. I cannot think of one reason why it would have to ever be closed, much less for that long. I only posted this to let you know what other rumors are floating about. Trust me, there will be much ado about this once it gets circulated fully. For now I think we should go with what our insiders are saying. They are much more reliable.

Punky

I may get blocked and reported as spam after my comment, but I think Soarin is probably one of the most hyped up rides at Disney. I'm sorry guys, but after finally riding it during my last vacation I was super underwhelmed. My 6 year old loved it though.

Goofyernmost

I may get blocked and reported as spam after my comment, but I think Soarin is probably one of the most hyped up rides at Disney. I'm sorry guys, but after finally riding it during my last vacation I was super underwhelmed. My 6 year old loved it though.
It doesn't have to be overwhelming, it only has to be fun and enjoyable. Which it is for most people. You are certainly entitled to you own personal opinion though.

wdwfan4ver

Just read on the "board that cannot be named" that Soarin will be closed for 6 months starting January 2016. I just thought I'd mention it, but, I do not think that is true.
I read on the same information on Orlando theme park news website and that site is known to be trustworthy. That is the site that first mentioned about the construction/gutting happening in the American Idol building for having it being used for the Frozen Sing-a-long early this year.

Mouse_Trap

I can't see any reason it needs to close at all. Possibly for a day to re-jig the queue but nothing more.
There's no reason they can't upgrade one theatre after the new one opens, then after that's done do the last.
If they choose to-do so is another thing though.

Completely agree. It's basically an old Cinema 180 from you local amusement park with seats.
After hearing all the hype, we all come off it for the first time all going "is that is!?". Personally I found the exibits on the walls in the California version more interesting and enjoyable than the ride.

Can't understand expanding it at all, same goes for TSMM. More rides are what's needed, not extra capacity for decade+ old existing rides.

Minnie1986

My fiancé and I rode Soarin' last week for the first time and really enjoyed it! I am very excited for the new film and hopefully a clearer projection image as well. Also, it was a surprise for us to see Patrick Warburton on the pre-ride video as we watch Rules of Engagement all the time but had no idea he was tied in with Soarin'.
Rules of Engagement was a great show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom