Soarin' availability after first three FPs?

JohnD

Original Poster
What is the availability of Soarin after the first three FPs? My first tier is Frozen.

I arrive Epcot afternoon and staying through the evening.

My choices are:
  • 1:50 - 2:50: SSE
  • 2:50 - 3:30: Frozen
(Work my way clockwise through WS)
  • 6:00-7:00: LWTL
Would Soarin' be available after LWTL? Heck, I might schedule it as soon as I go through the touch point for LWTL.

JillC LI

Extraordinarily unlikely. If you were to arrive at park opening, use your 3 FP+s early and then try to add Soarin as a 4th, you might get lucky depending on crowd levels. We did that in mid-January when crowds were relatively low. After 7pm I would say you haven't got the slightest shot at a Soarin FP+.

JohnD

Original Poster
Extraordinarily unlikely. If you were to arrive at park opening, use your 3 FP+s early and then try to add Soarin as a 4th, you might get lucky depending on crowd levels. We did that in mid-January when crowds were relatively low. After 7pm I would say you haven't got the slightest shot at a Soarin FP+.

Okay, thanks. I've ridden it several times (new version) already. Decided on Frozen as my primary tier choice. TT is easy. Doing Single Rider with that.

JohnD

Original Poster

I guess another option would be to add a "dummy" FP+, say, Character Spot after the 2:50-3:50 Frozen which I have no intention of using. Once that timeframe passes, I could try adding the 4th FP for Soarin.

JohnD

Original Poster
Even better idea, make my first FP+, one I know I'll never make or would be very tight upon afternoon entry into the park. Then after tapping entry into Frozen after 2:50 (my 3rd FP+), schedule Soarin (hopefully) as my fourth.

Wendy Pleakley

My experience, during the late January to early February period was that I always had the option to add a 'Soarin or Test Track Fastpass after using my three booked ones. Even in mid-afternoon. Frozen was the only Fastpass that was never available same day.

I would definitely move LWTL to a time pre-Frozen, or just put in a dummy Fastpass in the AM, to maximize your chances.

Also keep in mind a good option, for any ride, is to go on right at closing. Once 9:00 hits and the Fastpass line is no more, that standby line is quick. I rode Frozen and Seven Dwarves Mine Train at closing and wait times were 10 minutes, not the posted 60+.

JohnD

Original Poster
My experience, during the late January to early February period was that I always had the option to add a 'Soarin or Test Track Fastpass after using my three booked ones. Even in mid-afternoon. Frozen was the only Fastpass that was never available same day.

I would definitely move LWTL to a time pre-Frozen, or just put in a dummy Fastpass in the AM, to maximize your chances.

Also keep in mind a good option, for any ride, is to go on right at closing. Once 9:00 hits and the Fastpass line is no more, that standby line is quick. I rode Frozen and Seven Dwarves Mine Train at closing and wait times were 10 minutes, not the posted 60+.

Thanks. Dividing up my time on arrival day. Driving in from Tallahassee - a four hour drive. If I left at 8, I arrive at CSR at noon. Check in. Arrive at Epcot between 1-2. Hop from Epcot between 7-8 to see Wishes and Once Upon A Time in MK.

AK on second day. Tentatively have MK on checkout day but could switch to Epcot and choose Tier 1 as Soarin.

JillC LI

Revised FPs:
  • 12:30-1:30: LWTL
  • 1:35-2:35: SSE
  • 2:50-3:50: Frozen

This gives you a much greater chance of getting that 4th FP+ for Soarin, especially if the crowds are reasonable that day. Plus, it also gives you the ability to book a fourth FP+ earlier in the afternoon (and 5th, etc.), even if you can't get one for Soarin. Good luck!

habuma

What is the availability of Soarin after the first three FPs?

Arriving in the afternoon is the killer here. I agree with what others have said that it is very unlikely to get a Soarin' FP after you use those first three. That's unlikely, even if those first three are in the morning, but even more so with the timing of your last LWTL FP+.

It doesn't help you much, but in case anyone else comes to this thread looking for tips on how to arrange their 1st tier FP+ at Epcot...here's what we did back in December and it worked a treat:

* FP+ for Frozen at around 3:00pm-4:00pm
* FP+ for Spaceship Earth 10:30a-11:30a
* FP+ for Character Spot 11:40a-12:40p

We rope-dropped Soarin' and we were able to ride it twice in a row without long lines. By the time we were exiting the second time, the lines were building up pretty heavy or else we'd have gone for a third time. We did Test Track standby later in the day, just before Illuminations and the lines were very reasonable.

I would've preferred the 2nd tier choices to be earlier in the day, but it still worked out. And the reason I chose Frozen in mid-afternoon was so that we could ease our way into World Showcase after a morning in Future World and lunch at Garden Grill.

JohnD

Original Poster
This gives you a much greater chance of getting that 4th FP+ for Soarin, especially if the crowds are reasonable that day. Plus, it also gives you the ability to book a fourth FP+ earlier in the afternoon (and 5th, etc.), even if you can't get one for Soarin. Good luck!

Arriving in the afternoon is the killer here. I agree with what others have said that it is very unlikely to get a Soarin' FP after you use those first three. That's unlikely, even if those first three are in the morning, but even more so with the timing of your last LWTL FP+.

It doesn't help you much, but in case anyone else comes to this thread looking for tips on how to arrange their 1st tier FP+ at Epcot...here's what we did back in December and it worked a treat:

* FP+ for Frozen at around 3:00pm-4:00pm
* FP+ for Spaceship Earth 10:30a-11:30a
* FP+ for Character Spot 11:40a-12:40p

We rope-dropped Soarin' and we were able to ride it twice in a row without long lines. By the time we were exiting the second time, the lines were building up pretty heavy or else we'd have gone for a third time. We did Test Track standby later in the day, just before Illuminations and the lines were very reasonable.

I would've preferred the 2nd tier choices to be earlier in the day, but it still worked out. And the reason I chose Frozen in mid-afternoon was so that we could ease our way into World Showcase after a morning in Future World and lunch at Garden Grill.

Thanks to both of you. It's still possible I may skip MK on my checkout day altogether and decide on a second day at Epcot where I could rope drop Soarin. I'll do what I've done in the past: pack all my stuff in my car the night before except the items needed for the next morning. Throw the remainder in the car in the morning and drive to Epcot. Grab my backpack, rope drop Epcot, head to the car in the afternoon, and drive home.

sjhym333

And remember to keep refreshing the Disney app when looking for a FP. Last week there were no FP's available for Soarin and I refreshed a couple of times and then one showed up. With guests cancelling, changing plans and such FP availability and times change constantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom