So, who's working from home ?

macefamily

Original Poster
I work for a large industrial corporate company in PA. We worked from home all of May and half of June. They started bringing waves of personnel back in mid June to the point that about 70% of the staff was back in early November. Right before Thanksgiving we were told to pack up our equipment, and start working from home again. We were supposed to head back this Monday, 1/11, but they pushed that back to 1/25. Pennsylvania numbers are spiking so I'm glad that they're allowing us to be safe. What's your situation ?

macefamily

Original Poster
One more point. I visited my daughter in Jacksonville in July, August, and October. When I returned home I was able to work from home to quarantine for two weeks. That was fully paid because I was still working remotely. The company recently announced a policy that if you leave the state and must quarantine for two weeks that will be without pay. Lots of people really steamed about that one.

StarWarsGirl

I've been working from home since mid-March. They started asking people to come back on alternating weeks, but I was exempt because I'm high risk. Then someone in the office had "it", and they went to a policy of "do what makes you feel comfortable". At this point, I'll be remote through at least the end of March. It's been great. This is the healthiest I've ever been, I haven't had to take a sick day since working from home and I've been down south social distancing and working down there and taking vacation time, which is great for my poor asthmatic lungs which do not like Maryland air. I was working from my aunt's house in SC, and then I got to go to the beach on New Year's day. I never, ever want to go back though I expect to be dragged back at some point.

I work in finance, so my job is done entirely on a computer. I work fairly independently. I don't even have that many meetings in my role.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom