So what should we expect ? 7/15 - 7/17

macefamily

So we are heading south next week into the epicenter of the "Rona" storm. This is a trip of convenience rather than indulgence. My daughter is moving to Jacksonville to start her speech therapy career at a school district. My wife, daughter, and nephew are driving down Sunday, and I am flying down Tuesday to meet up with them. We're going to move her into an apartment on Tuesday, and then we booked three days at Old Key West. My daughter is a whiz at Disney reservations. Wed=MK, Thr=HS, and Fri=Ep. We have dining reservations at Art Smith's, Mama Melrose, and Boathouse (three of my faves). I have been following trip reports and news from the Orlando area to try and gauge a feel for what is looming. I'm flying so I'm very concerned about the sanitary conditions of the plane and airport. If anyone has flown or been to the parks recently, I'd appreciate any feedback and advice you can provide. I feel like I'm going on a brand new adventure despite visiting Disney 40 times before.

JIMINYCR

Customers of mine are saying getting through the airports are fast, with security being a walk through unlike in the past. Their airplanes are well sanitized, they arent full, so passengers are spread out in the cabins... they are feeling comfortable and safe. The parks are appearing to be very low crowd filled and guests are wearing masks. CM's are on top of guests, insisting masks be worn properly. Looks like you should be fine as long as you and your family observe the guidelines and are careful around others. Have a great time in the emptier parks. You will be able to get more done than youve ever been able to before.

Upvote 0

Dave B

How can they get more done than ever before if NOTHING is open but a few rides, I still can't believe people are paying full price for a very limited experience, maybe 25%-33% of the experience available, Disney is the same as Six Flags or any other park at this point, its just a few rides with NO MAGIC

Upvote 0

Disney4family

Congratulations to your daughter! I wish her a long and successful career. 😃🎉
Spending your day with children is a wonderful way to earn a living.
I've enjoyed it for 26 years.
Have a magical time at WDW, too!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

How can they get more done than ever before if NOTHING is open but a few rides, I still can't believe people are paying full price for a very limited experience, maybe 25%-33% of the experience available, Disney is the same as Six Flags or any other park at this point, its just a few rides with NO MAGIC
Yes theres missing magic, but Id say they can get a lot done because of low crowds and virtually no waits compared to the past, on what is still open. Look at the list of things open and youll see theres quite a lot to enjoy. The question wasnt the value compared to before, I agree the value is less, but my post was as to what was she going to encounter. She will get more done in less time waiting and that also means the ability to go on rides repeatedly which could gives her more value if these attractions are the things she enjoys.
MK will have
IASW, 7DMT, Space Mt, HoP, HM, Aladdin Carpet, Pooh, TSI, CoP, Astro Orbiter, BTMRR, Splash, Tiki Room, Peter Pan, Dumbo,
Jungle Cruise, the Riverboat, Mad Tea Party, Mickeys PhilharMagic, PoTC, S F Treehouse.

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Good luck to your daughter!
We were at WDW last week for a resort only stay with stops at Beaches and Cream along with daily Disney Springs visits. Expect to see lots of hand sanitizer and cleaning going on. There wasn't a time of day when we didn't see a CM cleaning a bench, garbage can, rail, chairs, anything someone would touch. Pools were great and they had a system to make sure any empty chair was cleaned before use. Masks will be worn everywhere except in the pool. Be aware that Disney will tell you to put it on unless you actually have a drink/food actually going into your mouth. It all took about a day to get used to but our trip was great as yours probably will as well! We drove to Florida, however we have been flying back and forth to Chicago to help with some family issues most of the spring. Planes are clean, you'll have to wear a mask, and there will be full flights depending on who you fly with. For us it was the opposite of what we would think at the airports. Charlotte was like a normal day with lots of folks flying and very crowded. O'Hare on the other hand was like a ghost town with only about 1 board of departures each day (CLT had about 6) security at both was fairly easy to get through with the exception of one day when it was crowded but not awful. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom