So just how scary are the Halloween nights ??

Munch

Original Poster
being the kind of gal who has the kind of husband that both have to watch scary films during the day are we going to poo our pants?? (excuse the phrase ...)

Legacy

Ralph Wiggum said:
it's more fun than scary. :)
Or if you go on a peak night, more scary than fun.

Honestly, it depends on the type of person you are. If you scare easily, you will most likely get scared out of your mind a few times. If you don't, you will most likely have a great time enjoying the ambience. Don't go in expecting some PG community haunt. This is the real R-rated thing.

I wish I could work it again...

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
yes, it's definately a mindset. it's not meant for children. UO makes movies for a living, so the effects are well done. but if you approach it as a good time, you'll get immersed in the whole experience. you'll be scared, you'll scream, but you're going to laugh at yourselves as you experience it. :)

sillyspook13

As I say, "It's as scary as you make it out to be."

I'm personally not into sudden loud noises, so those tend to scare me the most (and there are plenty of them!). And if you're squemish, beware! :hurl:

JROK

It's a great a event for teens - adults... definitely not good for children and don't expect the scare-actors to be nice and not scare children because they always will... everyone is fare game to them... but I'd highly suggest going on a non-peak night and if you'll be there a few nights get the Frequent Fear Pass and go twice...

Legacy

As far as the kids go, most of the scare-actors I know/knew had this mindset.

If you tell us to scare your child, we won't. Wanting a zombie to scare your child and give them nightmares makes you a twisted parent in our eyes.

If you go through with your child yelling, 'Don't scare my child' we will make a beeline straight for them. If you paid 60 dollars for a child to go to the event without being considerate of how it might affect them, that makes you a careless parent in our eyes.

Notes from a former Scareactor.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
Legacy said:
As far as the kids go, most of the scare-actors I know/knew had this mindset.

If you tell us to scare your child, we won't. Wanting a zombie to scare your child and give them nightmares makes you a twisted parent in our eyes.

If you go through with your child yelling, 'Don't scare my child' we will make a beeline straight for them. If you paid 60 dollars for a child to go to the event without being considerate of how it might affect them, that makes you a careless parent in our eyes.

Notes from a former Scareactor.

I love that philosophy. :)

disnyfan89

It defiantly can be a scary experience but the fun is being scared! You will go through a Haunted House and can scream your head off but when you come out after a few seconds you will realize how fun that was. Its like going on a roller coaster knowing you are scared to do it but you come off of it with a adrenalin rush that makes it fun.

Sillyspook I like your avatar :lol:

PencilTest

I'd like to add to what Legacy already posted (which I totally agree with). If I see a kid who looks completely terrified, I stay the funk away from 'em. Though I find great satisfaction scaring the bejeezus out of an adult, I refuse to traumatize some poor child who has a stupid parent and/or sibling. Parents who are so clueless as to take their frightened, easily impressionable children into an adult event like HHN have no busineses being parents, in my opinion (I doubt I'm really making a bold statement here). One of the only negative things about working HHN is seeing these knuckleheads lugging their crying children through a house. Makes you wanna slap some sense into 'em.

Everyone else has pretty much answered the original question so I won't bother repeating what's already been said, except to note that most "regular" haunted houses are small fry compared to Halloween Horror Nights. This is the Mack Daddy in the world of haunts--to me anyway. I've seen my share of haunted houses, and HHN blows them away. Dedicated actors, brilliant designers, fantastic support teams, and terrified guests. Sweet.

Legacy

PencilTest said:
I'd like to add to what Legacy already posted (which I totally agree with). If I see a kid who looks completely terrified, I stay the funk away from 'em. Though I find great satisfaction scaring the bejeezus out of an adult, I refuse to traumatize some poor child who has a stupid parent and/or sibling. Parents who are so clueless as to take their frightened, easily impressionable children into an adult event like HHN have no busineses being parents, in my opinion (I doubt I'm really making a bold statement here). One of the only negative things about working HHN is seeing these knuckleheads lugging their crying children through a house. Makes you wanna slap some sense into 'em.

Everyone else has pretty much answered the original question so I won't bother repeating what's already been said, except to note that most "regular" haunted houses are small fry compared to Halloween Horror Nights. This is the Mack Daddy in the world of haunts--to me anyway. I've seen my share of haunted houses, and HHN blows them away. Dedicated actors, brilliant designers, fantastic support teams, and terrified guests. Sweet.
Hey man, what houses have you done? (Or better yet, what have you done in general?)

PencilTest

Legacy said:
Hey man, what houses have you done? (Or better yet, what have you done in general?)

Last year I was a prisoner in the Hellgate Prison house and this year I'll be in the Where Evil Hides house. I started going in 2003 when I moved here and started working in it in 2004. Before moving here, I lived in Colorado and did a lot of the haunted houses there, like Brutal Planet, Alien Terror, and Something Scary Involving A Cornfield (okay, so that might not have been it's actual name. I know there was a cornfield one, though. 'Course, it's the midwest. There's always something involving corn.)

How 'bout you?

Legacy

The only house I actually did was Screamhouse in 2002. However, my fiance' was costumer for Screamhouse and Ship of Screams in '03 and a scareactor in Ghost Town last year. She was going to be in The Skool this year, but she took up a job as technician for the event instead.

I can't wait until I can start actually doing the event again though...

JROK

This is my 3rd year as a scare-actor about my 11th year of going to the event... first year (XIII/2003) I was a Fire Orc in POE in the beginning of the evening (the first scare you'd receive upon entering the park) and then around 9pm I'd go back to Lost Continent... Last year I was in Fright Yard till I broke my finger on a barrel with a pipe (hooray props!) and then I got promoted to FEARcilitator in Midway of the Bizarre/Parade then I filled in two weekends as an actor, once in Castle Vampyre (in the library bookcases) and then the final weekend in Midway as the Barker (Step right up! Step right in! *Insert bad language and a cut down directed at guest here*)... this year I'm in Terror Mines as a Hibernating Dweller so beware!!!

By the way... the site is completely up now... www.halloweenhorrornights.com

PencilTest

JROK said:
Last year I was in Fright Yard till I broke my finger on a barrel with a pipe

Ohhh, so that was you I heard about. I read about that over on the ChainsawWolf board. Worst I ever got was a couple of punches in the face. And some spitting. Gotta love drunk people!

JROK

PencilTest said:
Ohhh, so that was you I heard about. I read about that over on the ChainsawWolf board. Worst I ever got was a couple of punches in the face. And some spitting. Gotta love drunk people!

Yup, that's me... I've been posting on Chainsawwolf since 2002... I go by Suike over there... and sign my posts with:

JARED
The Ol' Miner 49-er

You should go to some of the scare-actor meets and say hi!

JROK

PencilTest said:
Just say when and where. I've haven't been to one yet. First time for everything...

Just keeping checking Chainsaw... I think they've got the big one planned for Saturday the 22nd... but other than that the other one's will be on Friday's at Finnegan's (Across from Mummy)... I'm not too sure though, but as they get closer, reminders will be posted...

We've never been to a HHN but are actually seriously considering changing our plans from visiting in July to visiting in Octber just so we can experience HHN, would you recomend doing so, is it worth changing our entire plans?

Alson Is it not just like having 4 or 5 + "Passage De Terror"'s?. We have them over here and I've been in one and loved it but I'm not sure I'd want more than one in an evening or get as hyped up about that as people seem to over HHN.

JT3000

is it worth changing our entire plans?

Yes. July is too crowded anyway.

No idea what a "Passage De Terror" is, but there's 7 haunted houses at HHN, and they're all different. Different themes, costuming, scares, etc. There's also 4 scarezones and the annual Bill & Ted show, which is sometimes funny, other times not-so-funny. As a HHN veteran, it's worth it to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom