Snowstorm Changing Everything!

danitaytay

I'm currently in a bit of a panic mode because with less than 48 hours until our scheduled departure, we just found out a huge snowstorm is going to be hitting New York the night before we're leaving which they're saying will cancel all flights.
Now we're trying to see if we can change our flights to tomorrow night before the storm hits and then see if we can extend our stay at AoA an extra night so we have somewhere to sleep tomorrow night!
My question is, has anyone experienced doing this and had it work out for them? This whole changing the trip last minute is freaking me out a bit and I'm just trying to make sure I don't screw anything up so we actually end up in Disney World.

danitaytay

Original Poster
We we're actually on the opposite end of this situation this week. We were at Universal for a few days' getaway and were supposed to leave Wednesday night to fly back to Providence. On Wednesday we checked out and stored our luggage at the hotel (Cabana Bay) and headed off to the parks for a few more hours, keeping an eye on the situation.

Mid-day we decided we didn't want to gamble going to the airport only to have the flight cancelled on us and then have to deal with a hotel there, we'd rather have things settled and relax in the parks. So we moved our flight to Thursday afternoon (Southwest had waived fare difference rules for the change), called Universal Reservations and they were able to book us one additional night with our AP rate. (The woman checking us in even upgraded us to a volcano-view room)

Our only whoopsie was that I forgot to set an alarm and later that afternoon we forgot to check in for our new flight. By the time we did we were one of the last people in the C boarding group.

-Rob

I'm so sorry to hear you got affected by the stupid snowstorm too, but so glad that everything worked out for you! And another day at the parks is never something bad ;)

Upvote 0

danitaytay

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for your advice and well wishes!
We got out of New York just in time on Tuesday night and got back around midnight last night. We had the most amazing trip! I'll be starting my TR soon if you're interested in following along with our adventures :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom