Snagged a great deal on rental car!

draybook

Original Poster
So, last week I was set to lock in our rental car for September. We needed a ride starting on the 1st and ending on the 11th. Hotwire had a Hot Rate of $347 for a full size SUV from one of four agencies(Alamo/Dollar/Thrifty/National). Lo and behold, the price changed when I went to book it this past Saturday. The only ones that were in our budget after that was hot rates but with one of those "off brand" companies such as ACE, Fox and NU. The reviews on those weren't making me feel any better but it was looking like it might be our only choice, as we had a set budget for the rental. I looked again on Sunday with the same results.

So, I waited until Monday morning to show the Mrs. and see what she thought about them. If we chose to use one of them, the plan was for me to get on the shuttle to the rental lot, get the car and come back to pick them up. That wasn't ideal and again, the reviews had us nervous. So, I pulled up Hotwire to show her the pricing and SHAZAM!!!...not only did the name brand companies show up within our budget, but it showed a Tahoe or similar for $313. That's pretty dang good for that category and 10 days. Better believe I jumped all over that.

This was a bti long-winded but I'm still pretty excited about it. I'm just glad to be flying again, as the 14 hour drive was really getting stagnant.

ninjaprincesst

I hope it pans out for you everytime I booked through a travel site orbitz, priceline, hotwire ect. the rental company tried to jip us, if we had booked a midsize they tried to give us an economy booked a large SUV they tried to give us a Sportage, the last time I finally said enough and stopped renting cars. What got me it was every time and every company and we always booked the major companies.

Last edited:

draybook

Original Poster
I hope it pans out for you everytime I booked through a travel site orbitz, priceline, hotwire ect. the rental company tried to jip us, if we had booked a midsize they tried to give us an economy booked a large SUV the tried to give us a Sportage, the las time I finally said enough and stopped renting cars. What got me it was every time and every company and we always booked the major companies.

The only issue we've had when renting at MCO was when my card kept getting declined at the self help kiosk while trying to use it for the deposit. After standing in line for a few minutes, the agent helping me told me that there was some kind of Florida rental fee per day that wasn't included in my total. I hadn't budgeted for this(my fault and theirs for not having that fee posted anywhere) so after a minute of problem solving, the nice agent waived the fee.

ninjaprincesst

The only issue we've had when renting at MCO was when my card kept getting declined at the self help kiosk while trying to use it for the deposit. After standing in line for a few minutes, the agent helping me told me that there was some kind of Florida rental fee per day that wasn't included in my total. I hadn't budgeted for this(my fault and theirs for not having that fee posted anywhere) so after a minute of problem solving, the nice agent waived the fee.
I'm glad you said that because I had so many bad experiences with MCO rental car places it's good to know someone had a good experience. I was so mad when we had reserved a large SUV and they tried to give us a sportage, I finally told them ok lets see you put for adults a baby and eight suitcases in a sportage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom