Small World Xmas Makeover

Gantu

Original Poster
Ok, I know I'm late to this party, but I just saw on YouTube that Small World undergoes an Xmas update for the holidays. I think it's only the Disneyland ride, but I was hoping someone could clarify this for me ...

and if that's the case, how does management justify transforming two classic rides (HM and IASWAA) at DL for the season when they're pulling the plug on the Country Bear Xmas at Walt Disney World? Why would the ride/attraction makeovers in California translate into better business when they supposedly create more overhead in Florida?

It seems to me there are just as many local fans who would flock to the parks in Orlando for a perennial pick-me-up. Granted, I realize Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is the ultimate indulgence of good cheer, but still, there has to be logic (or skewed market research) behind these decisions.

Anyone have insight on this?

kennygman

Ok, I know I'm late to this party, but I just saw on YouTube that Small World undergoes an Xmas update for the holidays. I think it's only the Disneyland ride, but I was hoping someone could clarify this for me ...

and if that's the case, how does management justify transforming two classic rides (HM and IASWAA) at DL for the season when they're pulling the plug on the Country Bear Xmas at Walt Disney World? Why would the ride/attraction makeovers in California translate into better business when they supposedly create more overhead in Florida?

It seems to me there are just as many local fans who would flock to the parks in Orlando for a perennial pick-me-up. Granted, I realize Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is the ultimate indulgence of good cheer, but still, there has to be logic (or skewed market research) behind these decisions.

Anyone have insight on this?

Yes it is only at Disneyland. It is said it is because the number of annual passholders is greater in CA. I don't believe the crowds came to CB Xmas, so it was an easy cost cutting move for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom