Slogan for WDW?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I've never been to WDW, and I've been to Disneyland countless times so I'm ignorant to a lot of things regarding WDW. Disneyland's slogan, or nickname is "The Happiest Place on Earth." What's WDW's slogan? Just curious.

Walt Disney1955

I've always thought the slogans were kind of interchangeable. If someone said the Magic Kingdom is the "happiest place on earth" that's pretty accurate too

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I've always thought the slogans were kind of interchangeable. If someone said the Magic Kingdom is the "happiest place on earth" that's pretty accurate too

Well... Not really. Actually the Magic Kingdom at WDW is forbidden from using the slogan, "The Happiest Place on Earth". Plus, think about it. You can't have two places being "The Happiest Place on Earth." That's like saying the tallest mountain in the world is Mount Everest and Mount Whitney. That's inaccurate, because there's only one tallest mountain in the world.

MarkTwain

nfblack.jpg

Or for some merchandise:

$(KGrHqJ,!jgE8)UY7vUeBPbLqojdR!~~60_35.JPG

For some other (larger) examples:

http://bp1.blogger.com/_3jV5FcVqpE8/SHEsawZXD6I/AAAAAAAACoc/WjHbRbZmPKM/s1600-h/wdw+1972_001.jpg

http://bp0.blogger.com/_3jV5FcVqpE8/SHEsbsOTnuI/AAAAAAAACok/JFN1ewcE4AQ/s1600-h/wdw+1972_002.jpg

This is WDW's historic tagline, seeing as it hasn't been used on non-vintage merchandise since the 1970s. Officially speaking, though, even Disneyland's slogan of "Happiest Place on Earth" is now technically a historic term, since now both resorts are branded under "Where Dreams Come True."

The Empress Lilly

I don't know what this means, but okay. Obviously, you're not talking about Disneyland.
Just like WDW's, Disneyland's castle park is also called 'The Magic Kingdom'. Specifically, of the two it is The Magic Kingdom that Walt had outgrown. The Magic Kingdom that was too small to fullfill Walt's dreams and visions.

It is a tease, a fun response to Anaheim's boasts that their park is Walt's park. :p

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Just like WDW's, Disneyland's castle park is also called 'The Magic Kingdom'. Specifically, of the two it is The Magic Kingdom that Walt had outgrown. The Magic Kingdom that was too small to fullfill Walt's dreams and visions.

It is a tease, a fun response to Anaheim's boasts that their park is Walt's park. :p

I'm aware Disneyland is also called the Magic Kingdom. It is the original after all, Florida borrowed it from California.

:ROFLOL:Walt didn't "outgrow" Disneyland. He was still overseeing projects at Disneyland until his death in 1966. Not to mention Walt Disney said he didn't want and there would never be another Disneyland. Obviously, that's just what happened, but that doesn't matter. Actually I take that back, there have been attempts at another Disneyland but it hasn't happened. Walt's Florida project was EPCOT. So there's really no need for that "fun response", since Disneyland really is Walt's park.

I honestly don't understand how you can honestly say that, unless this is a joke. Walt Disney designed, built, and lived in Disneyland. He was alive for Disneyland's first eleven years. If you're not joking, good attempt!:wave:

coolmark18

I thought Walt Disney World was the "Most Magical Place on Earth"
Disneyland is the "Happiest Place on Earth"
And Disney Parks as a whole/brand is "Where Dreams Come True"

Disney61

Just remember while you're visiting one of the parks and you hear somebody's little one in melt down mode.... Happiest Place on Earth :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom