Slightly confused about FP+.

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
We`re planning a trip for next December. My wife, me, Son, Daughter-n-law and 3 Grandkids. We live in NC. and they live in OK. I`m making reservations at FW and getting our 2 tickets. Son is Military and will be getting his tickets on base with military discount. My question is will we be able to get our FP+ to be together and how will they do the bands?

ratherbeinwdw

We`re planning a trip for next December. My wife, me, Son, Daughter-n-law and 3 Grandkids. We live in NC. and they live in OK. I`m making reservations at FW and getting our 2 tickets. Son is Military and will be getting his tickets on base with military discount. My question is will we be able to get our FP+ to be together and how will they do the bands?
Bands come with the reservation. So as long as they are staying onsite, they will get bands. If they are staying with you, then their bands will probably be delivered to you. Then, when they get their tickets, you should be able to link them to your MDE account. If, however, they have their own reservation, then their bands will go to them. You should be able to invite them to be friends and then you can make fp+ together.

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
They will be staying with us and will be listed on our reservation. When you say invite them you mean to the "My Disney" app?

disney4life2008

As long as everyone in your party is staying at a disney resort - everyone will get MB. Once you are able to - you can link the military ticket and other tickets to MDE and begin reserving FP+ reservations.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Each person on the reservation will have MBs and should create their own MDE account. Those who have valid admission media associated with their MDE account can book FP+. If some of the party don't have or haven't linked their admission media to their MDE account, they won't be included in the FP+ reservations, but the FP+ reservations can be "copied" to them once they do.

We just got back yesterday. My MDE account had my AP voucher linked to it but my son's AP was a "Will Call" and we couldn't link it until it was activated. I booked all our FP+ for myself only and once we were there, I copied them all to him. Only one, Soarin', was unavailable to copy, but I think that was because I was having problems with the App on my phone the first time I tried and it got messed up. Everything else for our trip worked seamlessly.

Make sure you "Copy" before the time of your first FP+ reservation, I think it locks in once you're in that first window for the day.

docdebbi

on the other hand............
if your sons family doesn't have an MDE account, or want to make one on their own
you can always just make them part of your family and friends on your account. you get to create each one of them, and then you can make all the reservations for them, you just need to link their tickets.
i did this for my brother's family, they never made an account of their own, and i could just control everything for them
and to make things even easier, he sent me by email the pics of the back of his tickets, and i was able to scan this in without even having the real tickets. very easy

Grumpy-Fan

Original Poster
if your sons family doesn't have an MDE account, or want to make one on their own
you can always just make them part of your family and friends on your account. you get to create each one of them, and then you can make all the reservations for them, you just need to link their tickets.
i did this for my brother's family, they never made an account of their own, and i could just control everything for them
and to make things even easier, he sent me by email the pics of the back of his tickets, and i was able to scan this in without even having the real tickets. very easy
This makes sense for us because I will be doing all the planning and reservations for all of us.

Rob562

And the way the system is set up, if you set up a profile for someone under your own account and in the future they want to "take control" of it for themselves (like if someone will be taking a trip on their own or if a child grows up and wants to have access to their own account), the person managing the profile can click on the "Invite" button next to their name and once the person accepts they'll gain control over the Bands and other details associated with that profile.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom