Skyliner from Pop to HS

Darksean

I wonder how early it starts. I want to get from Pop to HS, and from what I've read they open early, let you get in line early, and sometimes start the rides early. I wouldn't mind getting to HS around 9-9:15 and if the skyliner won't get us there then I'm okay with going Uber.

I guess that leads to the next question, how early might HS let Uber in to drop off.

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

when we went in mid august, it took awhile, long line at the pop station, longer at the carribean beach transfer station, although it was no line at all coming back, try to get in line about 915 for the 1000 studios opening.

Upvote 0

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
I wonder how early it starts. I want to get from Pop to HS, and from what I've read they open early, let you get in line early, and sometimes start the rides early. I wouldn't mind getting to HS around 9-9:15 and if the skyliner won't get us there then I'm okay with going Uber.

I guess that leads to the next question, how early might HS let Uber in to drop off.
We just got back today. Went to HS on Friday. Got in line at Pop around 8:15 (there was already a line) - they started the skyliner around 8:30- 8:45, we got in another line at the CBR station and then we were off to HS. Got there about 9:15 and went straight in to MMRR. Rode that and were in line at Starbucks by 10am when the park and Rise queue opened. I would suggest getting an early start - yes it involves “hurry up and wait” a few times, but it was nice to avoid long lines first thing for MMRR and other rides. Now, mind you, we were there during the “busy” holiday weekend.

Upvote 0

Schweino

We just got back today. Went to HS on Friday. Got in line at Pop around 8:15 (there was already a line) - they started the skyliner around 8:30- 8:45, we got in another line at the CBR station and then we were off to HS. Got there about 9:15 and went straight in to MMRR. Rode that and were in line at Starbucks by 10am when the park and Rise queue opened. I would suggest getting an early start - yes it involves “hurry up and wait” a few times, but it was nice to avoid long lines first thing for MMRR and other rides. Now, mind you, we were there during the “busy” holiday weekend.
We were at Pop August '19 right before Gondola's opened up. Seems like there is not much time saved using the Gondola's versus the bus if it took an hour overall. Would you agree/disagree? Planning to be at Pop 11/27-12/5

Upvote 0

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
We were at Pop August '19 right before Gondola's opened up. Seems like there is not much time saved using the Gondola's versus the bus if it took an hour overall. Would you agree/disagree? Planning to be at Pop 11/27-12/5
I think the difference is you have physical distancing requirements for the buses, so limited capacity. That is slowing things down. And it really only took the hour because we left so early and they weren't ready to send people on to HS yet.
For us, we loved the skyliner and thought the experience of riding was much better than being on the bus. I don't know that you go wrong with either choice - it's probably just preference.

Upvote 0

dmw

In the Parks
No
Seems like a read a post on another thread where someone who hit everything just right made it from Pop to HS in 15 minutes.
yes, that is about the time from boarding at Pop to exit at HS. But... like any transportation, there can always be a wait for the transportation to begin (or arrive). We were at Pop when RoTR opened last December. The line for the skyliner stretched all the way to the end of the pool closest to the Pop lobby early one morning. We opted to drive and so glad we did. Once the skyliner is running, and assuming no mechanical issues, the lines to board move very quickly. But, you can also face lines again at the transfer station during peak times.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Need to point out Pop and AoA are sharing buses MUCH more than they did in the past, so be careful with busing. Busing has always been hit or miss, and Pop/AoA was no different.

Some of tour worst busing experiences were at the Beach Club, as they shared to AK/MK with the entire Epcot BLVD Resorts.

Strangely, we NEVER shared while staying at any of the All-Stars. It must be due to our riding habits as we only rode early A.M. or Park Close.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

I think the difference is you have physical distancing requirements for the buses, so limited capacity. That is slowing things down. And it really only took the hour because we left so early and they weren't ready to send people on to HS yet.
For us, we loved the skyliner and thought the experience of riding was much better than being on the bus. I don't know that you go wrong with either choice - it's probably just preference.
Did you use busing while there? Just curious if they were, or how often they were sharing with AoA? Usually happened midday for AK or MK.....

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
For anyone thinking about Skyliner vs buses from POP, reports are that there have been no buses to Epcot or DHS from POP since the re-opening.

So your choice is Skyliner, drive or rideshare.

Upvote 0

Schweino

For anyone thinking about Skyliner vs buses from POP, reports are that there have been no buses to Epcot or DHS from POP since the re-opening.

So your choice is Skyliner, drive or rideshare.
Confirmed on other FB groups that no buses currently to HS or Epcot from Pop :( Someone posted a picture of the line at CBR for the skyliner and holy crap lol. Uber it is!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Confirmed on other FB groups that no buses currently to HS or Epcot from Pop :( Someone posted a picture of the line at CBR for the skyliner and holy crap lol. Uber it is!
That’s a continuously moving line, doesn’t take as long as you might expect to clear.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom