Six Flags won’t let pandemic scare off Fright Fest - OCR/SCNG

NobodyElse

- Reserved, scheduled entrance on all tickets
- All tickets will be sold online only (Ticket Booth will be closed)
- Limited capacity
- Strict social distancing, masks required, and other actions enforced as necessary per Covid-19 guidelines

This almost sounds refreshing compared to some of the over-packed mazes I've been through.

jmuboy

I don't think the company is doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. It is more like an easy way to get cheap labor. You are correct though, it is worthwhile for people to come over financially.

As an HR person in an organization who hired these summers international interns, I will point out how completely wrong you are on your assessment Captain Eo. The cost for employers is MORE (with additional expenses around subsidized housing, transportation, etc.). Plus, these student’s male the same pay rate as their American counterparts. And at my location they’re a necessity in order to operate. Even with a 9% employee population of international workers in the summer we have NEVER stopped hiring American workers. And we are located 20 mins from a major urban core and 1/2 mile off a major interstate highway. It’s not cheap labor, it’s part of a complicated employment matrix required for seasonal businesses to be a success.

Stepping off my soap box......

cmwade77

As an HR person in an organization who hired these summers international interns, I will point out how completely wrong you are on your assessment Captain Eo. The cost for employers is MORE (with additional expenses around subsidized housing, transportation, etc.). Plus, these student’s male the same pay rate as their American counterparts. And at my location they’re a necessity in order to operate. Even with a 9% employee population of international workers in the summer we have NEVER stopped hiring American workers. And we are located 20 mins from a major urban core and 1/2 mile off a major interstate highway. It’s not cheap labor, it’s part of a complicated employment matrix required for seasonal businesses to be a success.

Stepping off my soap box......
Umm, sorry but when you charge them more for housing while sharing a studio apartment than the going rate for them to rent a one bedroom apartment by themselves, I don't call it subsidized housing, I call it extortion, especially when they are required to use said housing in most cases.

And while you haven'ts stopped hiring American workers, how many more American workers could you have hired without hiring that 9% international? The answer is of course as many as you hired international and you could have helped lower the US unemployment rate.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>People love stories. We want to read, hear, see and experience them. That, in turn, creates a market for those of us who are compelled to tell stories, as well.

No pandemic can stop that. From Gen-Z blowing up the Internet with TikTok clips to Hollywood studios emptying their vaults onto streaming services, creators around the world are rushing to satiate our appetite for stories as we endure this pandemic. As Dr. Ian Malcom said in “Jurassic Park” — in a scene that launched countless memes — “life finds a way.”

You can keep theme parks, theaters and indoor attractions closed as long as you want, but creators are going to find ways to tell stories because people will continue to want to hear and experience them. For Halloween this year, that means haunts in cars rather than tents, garages or warehouses.

I don’t care if scareactors have to stay six feet away from me. The sound of a chainsaw firing up carries much further than that, anyway. And Halloween’s always been the most mask-friendly holiday.

So bring on the drive-through haunts. Even in this most frightening of years, I cannot wait to be scared.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom