Pre-Trip Sister's run the world!

Hello! And welcome to my pre-trip report! Believe it or not this whole trip was planned only a month ago and we leave in under 20 days :eek: Here is our story...

This story starts back a year ago, right after Princess 2017. I (Emily) ran the 5k and 10k and instantly fell in love. When I got the email to register early for princess 2018 I registered for the 10k right away. I had no one to go with at the time but I knew I needed to run this race again.

Around June, I found my people to go with me! My old Disney College Program roomies! Because Princess was already sold out, we decided to book through a TA. I added the 5k to my itinerary, all my friends were going to do only the 5k and I would do the 10k alone. Plane tickets were booked. Staying at Coronado Springs from February 19-25th. Multiple dining reservations made. Fastpasses done. The Trip was a go.

Well that is until November/December. For one reason or another all 3 of my other friends couldn't make it anymore. Life happens. But it left me with a $3,000 room bill that I was not prepared to pay for (I'm balling on a teachers salary). I had to find someone else to split the cost with. And that's when my 18 year old sister came in with the save.

In order to make this work we scaled things back a little. Instead of leaving on February 19th, We were leaving on the 21st. Easy fix since I bought my flight through Southwest. We scaled down our time at Coronado to the 22nd-25th. The night of the 21st we decided to stay value. My sister bought a 5k and 10k bib through the TA. We canceled all our dining reservations except Be Our Guest. I added my sister to all my fast passes. And here we are now! Below is the gist of our plans:

February 21st
  • Arrive at 9:50am at MCO
  • Magical Express to All Star Sports- Fingers Crossed our room is ready
  • Epcot for the remainder of the day
    • Fastpass to meet Disney Characters
    • Fastpass for Frozen
    • Fastpass for Spaceship earth
  • Leave after Illuminations
February 22nd
  • Drop Luggage off to be moved to Coronado Springs
  • Epcot for the morning to get on Test Track and Soarin'
  • Run Expo at noon
  • Afternoon at DHS
    • Fastpass for Tower of Terror
    • Fastpass for Star Tours
    • Fastpass for Toy Story Mania
  • Leave after Fantasmic
February 23rd
  • Wake up super early for the 5k!
  • Run around Epcot, meet all the characters, receive that bling
  • Magic Kingdom for the remainder of the day
    • Fastpass for Space Mountain
    • Fastpass for Mine Train
    • Fastpass for Splash Mountain
    • Dinner reservation at 7 for BOG
  • Possibly leave after dinner, We'll see how exhausted we are
February 24th
  • Wake up even earlier for the 10K!
  • Run around all the places, meet less characters because balloon ladies can't pass you, get that bling
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Fastpass for Safari
    • Fastpass for FOP
    • Fastpass for Everest
  • Leave DAK Around 5pm
  • Magic Kingdom for Fireworks
  • Ride anything we didn't ride yesterday....Coffee will be needed
February 25th
  • Enjoy sleeping past 3am
  • Cheer on the 1/2 marathoners (Seriously you guys are amazing)
  • Check out, Swim, Disney Springs it up
  • Flight home at 6pm:arghh:

TR Will be uploaded when we come back. Might try to make it in video form this time! Who else running with us this year?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom