Single Rider - are these queues shorter ?

kate'nkaren

Original Poster
My daughter and I are having our first trip to DW and I'm a bit of a chicken on some of the more fast rides, so she may have to go single. Do the CM's acknowledge the single rider queues and make sure they fill up the ride before letting it go? A friend went to Disneyland and was disappointed how often they were overlooked and the ride had empty seats.

luv

The EE SR line is usually quicker than SB and sometimes even shorter than FP.

The RnRc SR is a toss up. It might get you on a lot quicker, practically walk-on. But you might end up standing in that one even longer than the SB line. And don't trust the staff manning the entrances to these lines for help. They lie. I don't know if they lie because they have some silly agenda, because they aren't allowed to say they dont know or if they really think they're telling the truth...but they can't be trusted, in any event.

TT's SR line was usually slowish, but quicker than SB. We will have to see how that works out on TRON Track.

Tomi-Rocket

My experience is that the SR lines are MUCH faster than the regular and FP lines. Sometimes to the point you walked right on. My personal drawback was that I missed experiencing the ride with my kids so I prefer not to use them.

N234MickeyMouse

I second Luv's comments... EE is almost always quicker than FP unless there's nobody in the FP line! I think it's probably because people can't find the SR entrance there (to the left of the EE gift shop/exit). Even on fairly-busy days, I've done EE several times in an hour that way.

RnRC is usually quicker, especially on very crowded days, than SB. FP will likely get you onto the ride faster, though. I've waited for 30 minutes in the "final" SR queue simply because everyone in the main queue was in pairs--no need for a SR to fill the odd-person void.

I hope they keep the SR line on the revamped TT. I never had a problem with it and was nearly-always a walk-on with that one. I usually got to TT in the morning, so it might've gotten worse as the day progressed.

EE & RnRC both do a pretty good job of dispatching full trains. TT wasn't quite as aggressive about stuffing each car to the max.

rufio

I rarely use SR lines, but from my limited experience, I'd say SR is usually faster, especially on TT and EE.

JohnLocke

As a SR fan, I'll give you my take:

TT: Absolutely the best, the cars are designed with 6 seats, 3 to a row, so there's a greater chance of SRs getting on fast.

EE: Very good, it's pretty hidden, so wasn't used too much and we got on quickly.

RnR: It was slow the time I did it, but you have to watch the length. I think both this and EE have the same problem, they seat 2 to a row, and offer less opportunities for SRs.

All that said, I recommend them, just don't do like the dad in front of us did at RnR and act like a jerk because he and his child didn't get to sit together, not saying you would, but it was something I couldn't believe was actually happening.

RonAnnArbor

SR is always faster on all of the rides, no doubt. I use them all the time. EE is the best -- even if the single rider line has 50 people in it, you will get on in under ten minutes. Every single train launches with three or so single riders added...
TT can misfire. If there are more than 30 people in the SR line, it might not be worth waiting. Sometimes they treat it like a fastpass line and just let the entire group into the first training room and then on through...but sometimes, they only let a few people at a time through, in which case its better to bypass at the time and either come back later or get a fastpass.
RnR is not worth the single line except at the most busy times of year -- either get a fastpass or on slower days do the regular line -- even better get there at park opening and ride as many times as you want with little to no line...

fosse76

SR is always faster on all of the rides, no doubt.
No, it's not. RNR and TT can have rather lengthy SR lines...shorter than standby? Yes. Shorter that FP? Rarely.
RNR can bea s long, if not longer, than standby. They even close it off because it has gotten too long.

I use them all the time. EE is the best -- even if the single rider line has 50 people in it, you will get on in under ten minutes. Every single train launches with three or so single riders added...
10-15 minutes seems about right. I don't think I've ever been in the SR line longer than 15 minutes.

TT can misfire. If there are more than 30 people in the SR line, it might not be worth waiting. Sometimes they treat it like a fastpass line and just let the entire group into the first training room and then on through...but sometimes, they only let a few people at a time through, in which case its better to bypass at the time and either come back later or get a fastpass.
TT has always been shorter than standby, and I've never seen them close the line. That said, I have had to wait 30 minutes for it on occasion.

RnR is not worth the single line except at the most busy times of year -- either get a fastpass or on slower days do the regular line -- even better get there at park opening and ride as many times as you want with little to no line...
This one is hit or miss, and the only one I've waited in where it was longer than the SB.

The problem with the SR lines is that too many larger parties (parties of 3 or higher) are using them. I would argue that single rider lines were developed with the thought that really on single guests and double guest would utilize them as opposed to parties of 5 and more. Yet is seems large groups more and more are using them, which increases the SR wait times. Disneyland's aren't nearly that bad. They aren't too obvious, as most SR entrance are through the exit or a separate entrance that isn't clearly visible to people getting in the standby line, so large groups don't just walk into the SR line when they see the wait times for SB, and you have to get a pass from the CM hosting the standby or FP entrance.

HouCuseChickie

I've had mixed results. Since our girls are still tiny and DH isn't much into thrill rides, he usually watches the girls a couple of times each trip so I can ride some things on my own. I tried it out once for EE ... I had a fastpass, but SR line looked so short that I tried that instead. I increased my wait by about 5 min going w/SR over FP.

tare

Oh. Haha. I've been on it like 20 some times--just didn't click--I'm not into everyone using abbreviations--just spell it out. :)

Laura

Premium Member
We always use single rider and it's always much faster. The strange thing is, about 3 out of 5 times we go single rider they seat us beside each other, so we skip the whole line without any penalty.

RSoxNo1

No, it's not. RNR and TT can have rather lengthy SR lines...shorter than standby? Yes. Shorter that FP? Rarely.
RNR can bea s long, if not longer, than standby. They even close it off because it has gotten too long.

10-15 minutes seems about right. I don't think I've ever been in the SR line longer than 15 minutes.

TT has always been shorter than standby, and I've never seen them close the line. That said, I have had to wait 30 minutes for it on occasion.

This one is hit or miss, and the only one I've waited in where it was longer than the SB.

The problem with the SR lines is that too many larger parties (parties of 3 or higher) are using them. I would argue that single rider lines were developed with the thought that really on single guests and double guest would utilize them as opposed to parties of 5 and more. Yet is seems large groups more and more are using them, which increases the SR wait times. Disneyland's aren't nearly that bad. They aren't too obvious, as most SR entrance are through the exit or a separate entrance that isn't clearly visible to people getting in the standby line, so large groups don't just walk into the SR line when they see the wait times for SB, and you have to get a pass from the CM hosting the standby or FP entrance.

Why are your quotes showing up as quoting me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom