Single Guy @ WDW/ Solo Trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam85z28

Original Poster
I’ve been in a bit of a “life funk” lately. Can’t seem to be truly happy if you will, haven’t been to WDW in years. I’ve always gone with my family, (mom, dad and brothers) and I’ve been trying to plan a family WDW trip but now with everyone working and going to school, nobody seems to have time or really care to make time for a family vacation. I’ve been so busy lately with work and trying to make everyone else happy that I’ve forgotten to make myself happy and could use some magic in my life. I’ve never done a solo trip before, has anyone ever done a solo WDW trip or just solo trip in general before? Was it boring or weird? Opinions anyone?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have done it twice. And it is kinda nice. Yeah, I feel guilty leaving my DD, away at school, DH who just can never find the right time but that fades as soon as I'm in the Cab to the Airport! At times the quiet is nice. The room to myself. There are plenty of people you wind up chatting with on buses, lines, attractions like TT. Single rider lines are great. Park Hopping helps me keep on going. Pool with my Kindle or headphones. I love ending my nights with my peaceful room and getting up when I darn well please. Now these trips were 5 years apart and I do enjoy my family trips but there is something wonderful about escaping the real world for My World.

Go!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Through the years, I've visited Disney with family, friends, and many solo trips as well. Each trip has been fun and unique in its own way. In addition, on solo trips, there are many opportunities to strike up conversations with others--cast members in particular. They've been great and always made me feel most welcome.

zurgandfriend

I'm an old guy, old enough to be your father maybe even your grandfather, I travel to Orlando for business sometimes and always visit WDW. When you're solo you can see what you want, go where you want and travel at your own pace.I never feel out of place so I say go for it.

mrdisman

I could so go solo and not think it weird at all...in fact, would love to...
can eat where I want...no one to slow me down...I'm there

DRC68

Due to my friends' break-up, I wound up going
solo back in '90. Spent a good chunk of the night at The Adventurers' Club on my 22nd b-day! On that trip, I went to the Petty Driving Experience, went para-sailing, closed PI almost every night, slept as long as I wanted, and got to the parks when i felt like it. Bottom line...just do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom