*sigh*

HMGhost13

Original Poster
Disney Books a Jungle Cruise Source: The Hollywood Reporter Monday, May 17, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter says that another Disney theme park ride, Jungle Cruise, is being turned into an action-adventure feature.

On Jungle Cruise, riders travel the rivers of the jungle guided by a riverboat skipper, encountering wild animals along the way. The first version of the Jungle Cruise ride was based on Walt Disney's True Life Adventure Series.

The period piece will be developed in the vein of Disney adventure films of the past, adds the trade. "It's completely inspired by and relates to the ride and will contain elements of the ride in the story," said David Hoberman, who will produce the feature.

General Grizz

I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the True Life Adventure Series. . . but hopefully this won't be "JUNGLE CRUISE: THE MOVIE."

They have plenty of one liners to work from, at least. :animwink:

HMGhost13

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
I wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of the True Life Adventure Series. . . but hopefully this won't be "JUNGLE CRUISE: THE MOVIE."

They have plenty of one liners to work from, at least. :animwink:

apparently it i JC the movie...and you'd think 1 out of 3 being good would be enough of a reason to NOT do another ride based movie (not counting Dinosaur and ToT)

CTXRover

Originally posted by HMGhost13
apparently it i JC the movie...and you'd think 1 out of 3 being good would be enough of a reason to NOT do another ride based movie (not counting Dinosaur and ToT)

I wouldn't say that. Pirates wasn't just a hit...it was HUGE! It became the Disney company's highest grossing live action film of all time (including all films released under its subsidaries or psuedonames like Touchstone). That massive success alone is a signal that when done right it can create huge returns. The Country Bears was destined to flop in my eyes. No offense to the fans of the attraction....but that should never have been an attraction to create a movie around...not to mention the storyline they went with looked dumb (I've actually never seen that movie). Haunted Mansion brought in 175 million worldwide and with DVD/Video sales will easily make a profit....again, I think the fault with HM was its storyline that could have been much better, not its inspiration.

I actually thought that if they were to ever do another theme park attraction inspired movie, Jungle Cruise would be the one to go with. If done right, it could be a great mix of adventure and humor to create a spectacular movie. The potentinal IS there....let's just hope they don't screw it up. I was actually excited to hear this news when I read it elsewhere and am surprised to see the somewhat negative reception towards it here. Oh well... I'm happy :) (for now ;) )

HMGhost13

Original Poster
i know but i'm saying,. i know pirates was a huge hit and they'r emvoing on with that.

but Eisner had said that there would be no more "ride movies" because he had two our of 3 failures. which would be smart. move on with what was successful.

i'm just wondering and kinda worried: is this ALL that Disney has left in them? they nix their florida animation, split with Pixar and all they're churning out now are "based on the Disney Ride..." movies? it's worrisome.

Gregory

The reason that all these other movies failed is that they didn't have what it takes.. maybe Disney sees that now?

Pirates and HM were in production at the same time, so it was too late to change HM when they found what works. Maybe they'll see that they need a strong, funny, rememberable character, and model the lead of the Jungle Cruise movie after that?

While I don't think it will be like this, I can see an "Airplane" type movie, just out in the jungle... that type of humor- for some reason :lookaroun (Of course, I wouldnt want it to be like Airplane.. just JC seems to remind me of that movie when thinking of genres for the movie to be in...)

A collection of jokes:
http://www.themedattraction.com/jungle.htm

To quote Eric's signature (which is a quote from JC):
Who knows where this tunnel might
lead? It might lead to excitement!
It might lead to adventure! But, since
this is Disney, chances are it
leads to a gift shop.

wdwmaniac

This could be interesting depending on the director and the budget of the movie. Pirates had a good director and budget and turned out good. While Haunted idea was good but story line was weak. Country Bears- we don't reconize that movie ever existed. But I won't judge until more comes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom