Shrek 4D 2.0 Now Open!

AndyMagic

Original Poster
The second Shrek 4D theater opened recently complete with more queue and an additional pre-show. Even with Spring Break crowds, the line rarely went past 45 minutes. Before the second theater was added, it was quite common for the line to be 80 or 90 minutes with crowds like that. Hurray! Now I won't have to skip the ride anymore. Kudos to Universal for seeing a problem and fixing it within a year.

Halfling418

woooooooooooot.

I remember that line being sooo long.

Oh, and I'm loving the Revenge of the Mummy avatar...that ride rocks my socks! I went on it seven times when it first came!

MKCustodial

I just got the Shrek 4D DVD 2 weeks ago. The movie is very funny, it's probably a great attraction. Nice 3D too. Unfortunately, the DVD is only 3D, not 4D... :lol:

Lennyg512

Good idea for fixing the problem.
I actually do not this attraction. The pre-show is way too long, and the actual person who is standing and talking was irritating. Also, the shaking and show was to long and began to get boring.

dxwwf3

Absolutely fantastic move for UO. This needed added capacity more than any theme park attraction in Florida and now it has it. I've seen the show twice and I have had to wait 90 minutes each time. There's no need for that. Hopefully this will help out alot.

1stStarIC2nite

Good move for Universal. In my opinion, the wait was simply not worth the attraction. I was extremely disappointed. The themeing stopped in the theater, and it felt like an amusement park attraction with the VERY loud noises the seats made when they moved... if they wanted to make it more immersive, they should have found a way to make it quieter. I also found the show to be semi-boring. And, the pre-show is WAAAAAAAAAAY too long. I was bored to tears. I feel they should shorten the pre-show instead of adding a theater, first. But this is all just my opinion. Anyways.. yay.. shorter waits. What was the capacity before? and now?

dxwwf3

Well I really liked the show (Almost as much as Philharmagic), but I agree that it's not worth 1 to 2 hour waits everyday. The thing I like best about Shrek 4-D is that it feels more like an "attraction" as opposed to just a "3-D movie". I just think that the preshow was great and that the 4D effects are the best we've seen since......well you know :lol:

Brooke

Yay! That's very good news. I like the attraction and it's one of my favorite 3-D shows but the 90 minute waits were a little ridiculous.

Lynx04

Lennyg512 said:
Good idea for fixing the problem.
I actually do not this attraction. The pre-show is way too long, and the actual person who is standing and talking was irritating. Also, the shaking and show was to long and began to get boring.

I would agree that out of all the 4D attractions in Orlando, this is my least fav. While I love the shrek films and the attraction film in general. The attraction does give that immersive feeling that the 4D attractions at Disney give. I will say that the the Tinker Bell in the speaker thing is great. I like the pre-show, I think it is a great touch for the attraction

Also, I think it is great that they built a second theater for the attraction, great for guest flow.

Slightly off topic, I was wondering the other day if ITTBAB 4d attraction at AK had two theaters. I would think not because it uses up the tree trunk, but I could be wrong.

CTXRover

I'm glad to hear the took the initiative to fix the capacity problems with Shrek. The length of the show combined with the relatively small theater (in comparison to other 3D shows in the Orlando area) led to waits that just weren't worth it. Waiting 90-100 minutes for anything is just too long in my opinion, although it happens from time to time, and Shrek was definetely not worth that wait. Shrek 4D seemed to always have incredible long lines no matter the time (relative to the other attractions at USF) and as a result I usually skipped it, especially after they removed Express pass from it.

With all that wasted space in the old Hitchcock building, I always wondered why they didn't build a second theater in the first place. They had to realize the current popularity of Shrek combined with the relatively slow throughput/capacity of the show would create long lines when they were building it. I know the seats probably aren't cheap, but the theater itself is pretty basic.

MKCustodial

CTXRover said:
Waiting 90-100 minutes for anything is just too long in my opinion.

Well, of the 5 times I've been to WDW, 4 were in July, and 70 to 90 minutes were the usual wait for stuff like Big Thunder or Back to the Future.

stitchcastle

good job for Universal, I skipped this attraction last time I was there because of the long line.

Hey DarkMeasures, Philharmagic is an awesome show you should go see it it's my favorite attraction among all of WDW.

AndyP

DarkMeasures said:
I have a lost interest in 4D films. That is why I have yet to see Shrek or Philarmagic.

Whether you are interested or not, Philharmagic will blow you away and Shrek is great too, definetely worth a visit at least once. The only thing that disappointed me with Shrek was the in-theather theming, basically non-existant. The only thing that annoyed me about Philharmgaic, was that I only got to see it twice!!!

CTXRover

MKCustodial said:
Well, of the 5 times I've been to WDW, 4 were in July, and 70 to 90 minutes were the usual wait for stuff like Big Thunder or Back to the Future.

...and I wouldn't want to wait that long either ;) I know lines get that long from time to time and its unavoidable, but Shrek's was always a lot longer than nearly all the other rides on any given day at USF, even after they took away Express pass, although that helped a little. Capacity has always been on issue from day 1 with Shrek because of the slow turnover from the shows and the relatively limited seating capacity, and I'm just glad they added the necessary capacity. That doesn't change my personal opinion that I wouldn't want to wait over 90-100 minutes for anything. If need be, I guess I would, but I just wouldn't want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom