Should the Mansion become NBC???

Will the Nightmare before Christmas replace our Mansion?

• Keep our beloved Mansion!!!

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Replace it!!!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Build the new ride elsewhere!!!

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ezra Dobbins

Original Poster
Basically the Walt Disney company is considering tearing down the mansion and replacing it with a Nightmare Before Christmas ride. So if anyone knows how to contact Disney we could make an appeal to stop it... or just place it elsewhere... or maybe even replace it!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It's a battle between good and evil...:goodnevil
Who will win? Personally I don't think Tim Burtons mad-cap tale of Christmas would fit in with Liberty Square. You have 30 days to vote. Vote Mansion! Vote Mansion! Vote Mansion!:)

MKCustodial

I voted for yes, but I think that this change, IF it happens, is temporary, like it was back at Disneyland. I don't think it'd include tearing anything down...

TomDisney

I say, if it's a temporary thing like they did at Disneyland last Christmas, DO IT! I had the opportunity to check it out in DL last year and I thought it was great and imaginative.
I rode it 4 times in one day...

Also, can we get the LuminAria show out here for Christmas too? Just a thought....

TomDisney

The change in DL was temporary. Once the Christmas season was over, it reverted back to the good ol' Haunted Mansion. I would imagine that they would do the same thing in MK as well.

ToTBellHop

People absolutely LOVED the Disneyland Mansion's makeover, and it also allowed for the Mansion to get some new, permanent technology upgrades, allowing some broken effects to work again. I am all for this temporary change over. Disney would never tear down the Haunted Mansion because it's too expensive and this ride is already vastly popular.

bearboysnc

Basically the Walt Disney company is considering tearing down the mansion and replacing it with a Nightmare Before Christmas ride.

YOU ARE ON CRACK, or seriously misguided. Neither park would ever consider "tearing down" the mansion. It's far too popular for them to ever consider such an idea. I didnt' even vote because the idea is so rediculous.

NBC is a holiday "overlay" that lasts a few months tops.

The CBJ christmas show, and the IASW "Holiday" were SO popular in drawing more people to the park at christmas time... this was inevitable.

DisJosh

Originally posted by Ezra Dobbins
Basically the Walt Disney company is considering tearing down the mansion and replacing it with a Nightmare Before Christmas ride. So if anyone knows how to contact Disney we could make an appeal to stop it... or just place it elsewhere... or maybe even replace it!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It's a battle between good and evil...:goodnevil
Who will win? Personally I don't think Tim Burtons mad-cap tale of Christmas would fit in with Liberty Square. You have 30 days to vote. Vote Mansion! Vote Mansion! Vote Mansion!:)

You've been misinformed or have seriously misinterpreted this rumour.

Like bearsboys said it's a seasonal change where the mansion is rethemed as a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction. It was successful in DL so I don't see why they wouldn't bring it to WDW. I would love to see it.

kwt10

We traveled to Disneyland this past December and loved the "temporary" change to the HM. It was done very well and looked as if it could be converted back to the original in very little down time. We just returned from WDW and discussed at length how we thought the change would be cool at WDW also. The change at DL was done very well and I would welcome the "temporary" change at WDW around Christmas time.

wyattkelly

To get rid of Haunted Mansion is to gut the heart of Liberty square! Update the special effects, maybe, but never get rid of it!! It's one of the cornerstone rides, like SPace mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean! Leave my Haunted mansion alone!!!

Seriously though, I doubt they're gonna replace it. They're going through all the trouble building a movie around it, why get rid of it in face of renewed popularity?

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by wyattkelly

Seriously though, I doubt they're gonna replace it. They're going through all the trouble building a movie around it, why get rid of it in face of renewed popularity?

I am sure they won't get rid of the HM, but about keeping rides for the movies, I think it is funny that at Disneyland, they are replacing Country Bear Jamboree with a Pooh ride just as the Country Bears movie is comming out.

Dizknee_Phreek

i'm all for it, as long as it's temporary! a change could be good for the Mansion...but nothing...absolutely nothing can replace the good ole Haunted Mansion as it is!

Justin

Guys, This is really begening to tick me off! I try to vote and it never lets me it always says

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

That makes me mad!! :fork:

I haven't been able to do any of the votes cause of that. Can Anyone help me out and tell me how to fix this problem? If it would i would vote, Keep the Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom