Shortee Part 4 and Final Epcot

Due to a small detour we make to the All Star Sports (to pick up our Splash Mountain picture which we forgot to pick up on our way out of Magic Kingdom the previous day, and which was sent by guest services to out hotel & lunch). we didn’t get to Epcot until around 3:00. So much for big planning! We weren’t going back to the All Star that evening as we planed to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal and had already checked out.

After clearing gate security we head over to TT for a fast pass. All gone. No CM in sight this time.

We move on to M:S which is all blocked off. I go up to the CM standing guard and tell him I’ve heard they are letting Canadians in to see the M:S today. He said something like we were lucky to get into the park at all. Touché!

He tells me they’re letting people in the afternoons but no one knows when or for how long. I offer to give him my cell phone # so he can call me when it opens. He laughs and tell me to take a hike. Well, he didn’t actually tell me to take a hike but he wasn’t about to call me either. Where are all the good old CMs?

Anyway, in planning the trip we talked about how great to be if we ended up seeing M:S and Shrek 4D which was supposed to be opening the next day at Universal. But we weren’t really disappointed as we knew the odds.

We decide move over to Energy and see the show. It's a little long but we like it. And, it turned out to be a good move!

On leaving Energy we see about 100 folks lined up outside the M:S. I stick my kids on line and go up to the front to grab a chat with the CM. There must have been 10 CMs and a bunch of secret service types (sunglasses and earpieces) hanging around. Well says I, things look good to me. But nobodies talking. I go back to our place on line and the guy in front of me explains that they said they may open a four o’ clock or so. He tells me to watch the earth ball, if that starts spinning we were in. And Spin it did! Five minutes later with much hullabaloo and cheering the boards swing open. Soon we were inside looking up at the wheel. No way this is happing to us. I think getting in was as almost as much fun as the ride. It took us about a half hour to get to ride as they were only running one section and it went down a few times. We sure weren’t complaining! The ride was fantastic! That blast-off is wicked. The whole atmosphere was great. Hard to describe.

We exit M:S and go around to the front only to find its been closed. We float through the park for a while doing everything else until we get hit by a thunder storm. It last about a half hour which we spend in the gift shop. As the rain tapers off we look across to M:S and one of my kids say “the ball is spinning”. So off we go. I guess the rains kept people away as we walk right into M:S. The inside queues are full and it takes about twenty minutes to get on. M:S X2, our dreams come true.

I have to wrap thing up now so I’ll just finish by saying we stayed for Illumination. great as always.

And yes, we did get to see Shrek 4D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom