Shop with a Roaring Bear

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Ok folks... I am working desperately to research something for a person who reached out via my site and I am having absolutely no success. I have this gut feeling that someone here on these forums is going to read this and know exactly what we're talking about though, so here goes...

At some point in the early 90s there was a shop that sold clothing, and maybe leather goods. In a corner of this shop was an upright bear, we are remembering as a polar bear. The bear was made to look as if it was breaking out of some shipping crates. While it was a static prop, it was triggered (presumably via motion sensor) to occasionally let out a menacing roar/growl.

The person who reached out to me felt this was a store at the Marketplace (downtown). The more I've worked on researching it, the more I've started to feel as if I remember this bear as well but as being in a shop elsewhere on property (possibly in an Epcot shop?). I have tried very hard to be sure I'm not just thinking of the bear on Maelstrom that fits much of the description though obviously.

Anyone out there have any memory of this bear? Anyone with enough knowledge to say indeed where he was located? Pictures would be unbelievably appreciated too!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Well, I gotta admit... seeing absolutely no responses to this makes me feel a little better. I’ve spent hours researching this to no avail so I’m glad it wasn’t something well known that I had somehow missed. Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom