ship items from resorts?

dyerneeds

is it possible to ship an item or items from any of the Disney resorts? We're staying at AKV in Oct (precruise) and wondered if we find something at the parks we'd like to buy, if its possible to ship it to our home from the resort so we dont have to take extra stuff on the cruise with us.:shrug:

pixiesteno

You sure can! Guest services will give you the paperwork and box and tape to pack it all in. We did this in 2008 when we flew down and did a great deal of Christmas shopping. I put it all in a box and took it back to Guest Services and it came through UPS without a problem. I can't tell you how very helpful the CM were during the process.

Upvote 0

WDWLOYAL1971

Yes, just make sure to advise the CM that you wish to have the items shipped to your home. Additional fees will apply. They will give you the necessary paperwork to fill out. Have a fun, safe trip.:wave:

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

You most definitely can!! I have personally shipped stuff for guests from DAKL myself. There is a charge for it but it's way easier than carrying it all on the ship with you. Have a great trip!! =)

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We do this all the time, both moderate and deluxe resorts. We do carry-on luggage usually and can't carry on food items like Mickey pretzels, candy tins, etc. I usually pack the souvenirs in my carry on luggage and ship my clothes home. It's fun to get your box at home when you have been home a few days. We ask for a box from the gift shop of the resort and they always find a good one.

Upvote 0

aeillill

My family did this one trip with absolutely no problems, then the next year we tried to do it again and we did have some problems. Apparently they won't ship items that you bought at a non-Disney store i.e. most of the stores in World Showcase. I bought a parasol and a few other items in Mitsukoshi in Japan and when I brought it to the shipping desk with all my other items at Pop Century they refused to ship those specific items. I believe the reasoning they gave me was that if it got damaged they wouldn't be able to replace it since it's not from the Disney company themselves. So just be careful with what you try to ship back.

This was a few years back so I don't know if anything has changed but I thought I'd warn you anyways since it was a major problem for me, and I wouldn't have made some very specific purchases if I had known.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another option is to get one (or more) of the Flat Rate boxes from the post office (the boxes themselves are free), and pre-purchase the postage for them. Then pack the unassembled boxes flat in your suitcase and bring along a roll tape.

After you assemble and pack it, put the postage on it, bring it to the front desk and ask them to put it in with their mail pickup.

-Rob

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

We have shipped from AKV Kidani before. We went into Jafari Treasures and asked them to have them shipped. We filled out the paperwork and the bagged it all up and the items go to another location where all of the packaging is done. These were some large items (monorail set and Contemporary resort for monorail set) for my daughter for Christmas. The charge was around $35.00 which I thought was pretty good. Now with the size of the items I was concerned on how they would be packaged. When they arrived at our home in NY, I was impressed with the the packaging. I would do it again if I had too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom