She-Hulk (Marvel Disney+ Series)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I was subjected to... I mean... I saw MULTIPLE different ads for this during The Bachelorette last night. (Yes, go ahead and judge - I earned that.) So clearly they think their audience for She-Hulk is the audience for The Bachelorette.

That said, the more I see of She-Hulk, the worse it looks... to me. Not every show is for everyone. I think this one may be the first big miss for me out of all the swings thus far for Marvel on Disney+. The only previous Marvel show I gave up on though was Agents of SHIELD which I was done with after the first four or five episodes (I heard it got better but never went back to confirm). Yes, I even watched all of Iron Fist (which SHOULD have become Daughters of the Dragon had it continued) AND Inhumans (I adored Anson Mount and was thrilled when he was cast in Star Trek and I liked a few other things about it even if it was a rehash of the Thor stories with the Game of Thrones guy playing Loki. It had Lockjaw. Literally all I needed to watch it.)

I will watch this. It may be a struggle for me to stick with it based on everything I've seen so far. It's just painfully unfunny to me.
OK, I am definitely judging you for watching The Bachelorette. If that’s their target audience, I may hate this show. I’m already queasy about the VFX from the trailers.

I liked the She-Hulk comics (80s-90s?). I want to like this show.

Agents of SHEILD was pretty good for the first two seasons before it went totally weird. I never did see the end.

I do like Anson Mount but the Inhumans was Intolerable. Much better on Star Trek.
Yeah, so that was... something.

Only 8 more to go, right? And they're all short, right?
I’m about to sit down and watch it with the hubby. I’ll get back to you.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I think that was a bit too explicit in terms of taking about Cap’s sex life. Was that really necessary? Just odd because otherwise it seems pretty family friendly.
Okay, I hate to go there again but... Disney/ABC went full in on The Bachelorette having a "sex-positive" lead two seasons ago. Like everything was about how "sex-positive" she was. (Her first appearance on that Disney ABC show, she showed up with a... ummm... adult toy... as I recall. Yeah.)

I've seen a lot about how this show is being lauded as the first "sex-positive" MCU content. So it's a company-wide thing to apparently appeal to typical fans of The Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise who are I think supposedly Millennial or Gen Z women and now this show.

https://ew.com/tv/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-marvels--show/ (EDIT: ah, this link isn't working because the article description is sexual and it's being blocked here - but the description rhymes with thorniest)

I mean - they made a Tinder profile for the character, so... this one is definitely not about being family friendly.

Vegas Disney Fan

At least the first episode of She Hulk was fun, I found the first episode of She hulk more entertaining than the 3 episodes of Ms Marvel I managed to make it through before giving up on the series.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just can't get past She Hulk and an attorney at law, LOL! She hulk alone would have worked IMO.
Well that's the character, pulled right from the comics.

1660657873-51CljaPeb2L._SL500_.jpg

MarvelCharacterNerd

Crap. I forgot it was released today. I suppose I'd better go watch it...

EDIT: Okay, so that's over with. Seven episodes still to go, huh?

Last edited:

LSLS

I'm not loving the episodes so far, but also think they have been total setup episodes for the series, so im not upset by it either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom