Shark Reef Questions

il grande chuck

So, what's the deal with this? Are you really swimming with sharks and stingrays, or is there a glass wall between you and them? Or are they the kind of sharks that don't bite? I don't understand how this could be safe - it seems kind of risky, especially after Steve Irwin's death.

Also, do you pay extra to do this, or is it included in your waterpark pass?

Please tell me the deal!

Thanks,

Chuck

themax

its all in the price of your tickets.
No there is no glass between you , the fish are not big sharks but my DD10 loved it and thought it was great.
attractionDetail

Upvote 0

magicfan

You swim with snorkels at the top of the water. The rays are relatively close, but the sharks stay near the very bottom. I thought I could see the sharks more clearer from the lower observatory deck then from snorkeling up top. They don't bite anyway.

By the way, the water is really cold.

Upvote 0

darthjohnny

The skates naturally stay at the bottom. And I don't think they are the sting rays like the ones who attacked Steve Irwin as well as another man in Florida.

The sharks used in the lagoon are harmless. One species may look like a hammerhead, but they are actually bonnetheads, that won't feed on you. :lol: Most of the sharks are only a few feat long.

The snorkeling Shark Reef experience is free. There is also a scuba diving experience where you can dive deeper in the water on the other side of the lagoon. That you have to pay for.

You should have a great time there, if you can stand the freezing cold water. :lol:

Hope that helps! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom