Sharing Plans

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster
I have planned 20+ trips, yet somehow MDE still confuses me at times. We are planning a trip with 2 different rooms, 5 adults and 2 children. My sister & I will be the ones doing the booking. I booked both rooms/packages, and I can see their room reservation (package) in the My Plans portion of MDE. When she logs in, she can only see hers. Is this because I booked them? Also, I can see my dad in my plans, but she cannot and cannot figure out how to add him back (she has had him before). Is this a glitch in the system or just flat user error? Don't we both need to see all pertinent members of our groups to be able to book Fast Passes & Dining? Last question, can the two of us tag team our reservations when they open? So she could be booking one day while I do the other?

JaxFLBear

Easiest way to try and add everyone to each others family & friends list is to import using the room confirmation numbers.

Both you and your sister should do the following:
Select the second radio button after you click 'Add a Guest' on the MDE website (option NOT available in mobile app) and then enter the confirmation for the other room. This will allow you to connect with everyone on that reservation at once (after the invites have been accepted).

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster
Easiest way to try and add everyone to each others family & friends list is to import using the room confirmation numbers.

Both you and your sister should do the following:
Select the second radio button after you click 'Add a Guest' on the MDE website (option NOT available in mobile app) and then enter the confirmation for the other room. This will allow you to connect with everyone on that reservation at once (after the invites have been accepted).

Thank you so much!!!

Rob562

A follow-up question: Are you already friends and just can't see all of each other's plans? Or are you not showing up as friends at all?

If you're already friends, it might just be a permissions setting. For each friend I believe there's a checkbox that switches the other person between being able to "see all of my plans" to just "see our mutually shared plans".
One would show everything, whereas the other would only show reservations that you both appear on.

-Rob

Meghan McCrary

Original Poster
A follow-up question: Are you already friends and just can't see all of each other's plans? Or are you not showing up as friends at all?

If you're already friends, it might just be a permissions setting. For each friend I believe there's a checkbox that switches the other person between being able to "see all of my plans" to just "see our mutually shared plans".
One would show everything, whereas the other would only show reservations that you both appear on.

-Rob

Awesome - I will tell my sister to look at this. She can see everyone other than my dad. I can see everyone!

Rob562

Awesome - I will tell my sister to look at this. She can see everyone other than my dad. I can see everyone!

She'll have to add your Dad as a friend in her account. Since you're already linked to him (either because he has his own account or because he's a managed-by-you profile on your account), her easiest way is to use the "find through a connected guest" option to choose your Dad. The request will go to him or you, depending on who controls the profile. (This is also the best way to prevent accidentally creating two copies of someone under two different accounts)

The sharing of plans thing has to be done on both sides (you and her) if you want you both to see EVERYTHING. But be aware that this can sometimes get confusing, since it'd be showing you info that you may not necessarily need to see. I had a friend I went to WDW with once who travels there quite often. After our trip the hotel and dining reservations for their subsequent trips would keep showing up in my itinerary because she was sharing EVERYTHING with me. It wasn't necessary, so I had her turn that checkbox off. If we have a dining reservation together, I'd simply choose her as one of the guests on the reservation and that meal would show up in her "My Plans" itinerary.

I had another close friend who I'd gone to WDW with many times, but was planning his first trip without me. Since i was always the Disney planner of the group, he shared everything with me so that I could go in and see his plans, give him tips on FP+ and even go in and tweak his FP+ reservations (at his request, of course). Otherwise I would've had to log in as him to see all that.

If you're just concerned about sharing dining and FP+ reservations, as long as you're linked as friends to everyone that'll need FP+ reservations and everyone who'd want to see your group dining reservations show up in their itinerary, there's no real need to share everything. Just being friends will be sufficient.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom