Share Your Favorite Recipe!

yensid67

Original Poster
I thought it would be fun to swap recipes of our favorite foods! With everyone from far and wide on here, the possibilities could be endlessly wonderfully delicious!!! I will start...
If you like Slippery Chicken Pot Pie, this recipe will make you go GOO-GOO! Trust me! I made this from scratch with a little of this and a little of that, the result is
AWESOME Chicken Pot Pie!( Recipe Code 041519)

AWESOME SLIPPERY CHICKEN POT PIE
Ingredients
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken
4 tsp Powdered Bullion/Chicken Base(Orrington Farms)-Weis
1 Box Chicken Broth(Kitchen Ready)-Dollar Tree
1 Chopped Small Onion
1 Box Anne's Flat Dumplins-Giant/Martins(or roll your own)
1 can Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Diced Potatoes- Weis
Parsley Flakes- Dollar Tree
Black Pepper- Save-a- Lot
Directions
In A LARGE Pot:
Add Chicken Broth, Chicken , Onion, Pepper and Bullion to Stock Pot and cook until
FORK TENDER over MEDIUM HEAT
Remove chicken and FORK SHRED immediately, set aside
Increase to HIGH HEAT to a boil, SNAP Dumplings into 1/3 pieces and drop in boiling broth until cooked
Add in SOUP(S) and Parsley, cook 15 minutes
Add in chicken and Diced Potatoes, cook on LOW HEAT
**The broth CAN BE thickened by using the hot broth and flour or left as is**
Yield: This will easily serve 2-4+

If you make this. please post your comments for others!

EDIT: I have made this twice, 1st time was the best, I followed the directions. 2nd time I 'experimented' and added more water(to cover the chicken to cook) and more Chicken Base(bullion), it was good but a little saltier. I would not stray far from the directions!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Campbell's cream of chicken soup and cream of celery soup often are used in chicken recipes. Chicken comes out great when using those. I'm not much of a cook, but even I can make a decent chicken dish with those two soups! :)

Ricky Spanish

So my recipe is really not a recipe.
My mother in law hates that I don't use recipes but I cook by sight, smell, and taste.
I basically make a "Tex-mex" lasagna.
My nieces love it.
I use a 9x13 pan and layer it with peach/pineapple salsa, tortillas, beans, corn, cheese, and cooked ground chicken with low sodium taco seasoning.
Multiple layers, maybe 3 or 4, depending on what I have.
Bake at 350 til done, 35-40 mins.

I do all the cooking for my family and my in laws always love to come for dinner.
And I went to pastry school, so that's a bonus.
This is my stove.
image.jpeg

yensid67

Original Poster
This recipe is basically a DUMP recipe! You cook the chicken and then "DUMP" the rest of the ingredients in the pot! SIMPLE!

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
Born in South West Louisiana I was lucky enough to learn how to cook from my grandmother and mom. Both Cajuns and outstanding cooks. Below is my mothers quick version of Shrimp or Crawfish Étouffée.

3/4 lbs butter
1 yellow onion finely diced
1 rib of celery finely diced
2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1/2 of a green bell pepper finely diced
2 lbs of picked crawfish or shrimp
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of golden mushroom soup
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (more if you like it spicy)
Start by melting the butter, add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic and saute until translucent.
Add both cans of soup and loosen it up a little with water or chicken stock (1 cup should do it) and simmer for about 20 mins on low heat, the gravy should be thick.
Finally add the seafood and simmer for 10 mins.
Serve over rice and enjoy

trr1

space monkey at DHS has rum( gone but not forgotten)
Ingredients
  • 12 ounces chocolate milk shake
  • 3/4 ounce coconut rum
  • 3/4 ounce creme de banana liqueur
Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
  2. Serve in a tall glass.

trr1

donkey balls
2 pkg of crescent rolls, pref. butter flake
1 16 oz. pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese softened (can use the 1/3 of fat one, but never fat free)
1 Jimmy Dean sauage roll (standard size)

DirectionsStep-By-Step
Take the sausage and cook in pan til browned and lightly crisp. Drain fat in jar, or choose to mix it in for extra goodness in the recipe
While sausage is cooking, unwrap cream cheese and place in mixing bowl then mix generously with sausage. Can add diced onions or seasoning for extra flavor, but this recipe is good enough to stand without additional ingredients.
Take crescent rolls and lay flat out taking each individual triangle and cutting them in half (if not careful you may need to knead triangle into small circles for best effect.
Take a teaspoon of the mixture and spoon a little at a time into each crescent roll then wrap mixture up into little ball making sure that mixture is sealed inside (you do not have to keep it completely covered but it creates less mess eating it that way)
Place balls individually on each 2 cookie sheets then bake at 350 for approx 8-10 minutes. If you have a particularly fast oven bake at 8 min taking care not to burn bottoms.
Cool for about 2-3 minutes and enjoy. With 2 pkgs of crescent rolls should make about 48 balls or roughly enough for 8-10 people.

trr1

I am asked to make this all the time

Broccoli Pasta Salad

Broccoli-Pasta-Salad_0002.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 C chopped pecans, toasted
  • ½ (16 oz.) package farfalle (bow tie ) pasta
  • 1 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
  • 1 C mayonnaise
  • ⅓ C sugar
  • ½ C diced red onion
  • ⅓ C white vinegar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 C grapes, halved
  • 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
  • ⅓ C sunflower seeds
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta according to directions.
  2. Mix together mayo, sugar, vinegar and salt.
  3. Pour dressing over cut up broccoli.
  4. Add in pasta, grapes
  5. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours
  6. Add in bacon and pecans right before serving.
I use Apple cider vinegar and I use regular onions as I find the red ones too strong

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom