shanghai treehouse

matt9112

Original Poster
just saw some pictures the treehouse thing they have next to there JC looks so cool. i wish ours looked like that.

follow up question in a video the skipper on a JC boat is using alot of english. is this common or?

Aaruse

I do believe you're confusing Shanghai with Hong Kong. Shanghai doesn't have a Jungle Cruise nor any variation of a treehouse.

However, to answer your question, HK is quite fluent in English, yes. Without going too much into a history lesson, around half of residents speak it and it's used on most (if not all?) signs and attractions in HKDL.

GiveMeTheMusic

just saw some pictures the treehouse thing they have next to there JC looks so cool. i wish ours looked like that.

follow up question in a video the skipper on a JC boat is using alot of english. is this common or?

As the poster above said, that's Hong Kong, not Shanghai. And when you get in line for the Jungle Cruise there, you have to choose between English, Cantonese and Mandarin language queues.

matt9112

Original Poster
As the poster above said, that's Hong Kong, not Shanghai. And when you get in line for the Jungle Cruise there, you have to choose between English, Cantonese and Mandarin language queues.

Thanks guys i obviously have no idea. Video was mislabeled. But whos treehouse is it? Not swiss family?

matt9112

Original Poster
It's a copy of Tarzan's Treehouse from Disneyland in CA. They do have Swiss Family Treehouse at TDL, and SDL is distinctly treehouse-less.

The whole english thing is cool my biggest fear (if you will) is visiting other parks and not understanding anything.

GiveMeTheMusic

The whole english thing is cool my biggest fear (if you will) is visiting other parks and not understanding anything.

I haven't been to SDL yet (in a couple months if all goes well!) but it's not a problem at HKDL or TDL at all. In fact, those parks are so wonderful (especially TDL) I would perish the fear and just go as soon as you're able. HKDL offers just about everything in English, and most attractions in TDR are in English as well, or a mix of Japanese and English. The rides that aren't in English are easy enough to follow without knowing the Japanese, and really, Tokyo DisneySea is the most amazing theme park on the planet. You won't regret going for a second. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom