Shanghai Disneyland

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
I done a lot of research but I have a few holes in my plan to visit Shanghai Disneyland
This is what I believe so far.

1. You can buy a transport pass at the airport and that can get you on the subway system and one of the lines ends at Shanghai Disneyland or get a taxi. I need to know if this is true ? If I decide to take a taxi back from Shanghai Disneyland would be be hard to get a Taxi ? How do you communicate ?
  2. I see on the website they sell park admission in advance but "not long in Advance" is this right ? Also when I go I need to have my passport with me.
  3. I know there are certain apps I should have hopefully they run on Android ? Can I get them before I go ? I hear Google is blocked in China. Just the Disney app ?
  4. In the park I hear both bad things and good things for every one good review I read there is a bad one, people cutting lines ... pushing etc..... I should try and figure out how to get fast passes and maximize them

GiveMeTheMusic

I done a lot of research but I have a few holes in my plan to visit Shanghai Disneyland
This is what I believe so far.

1. You can buy a transport pass at the airport and that can get you on the subway system and one of the lines ends at Shanghai Disneyland or get a taxi. I need to know if this is true ? If I decide to take a taxi back from Shanghai Disneyland would be be hard to get a Taxi ? How do you communicate ?
  2. I see on the website they sell park admission in advance but "not long in Advance" is this right ? Also when I go I need to have my passport with me.
  3. I know there are certain apps I should have hopefully they run on Android ? Can I get them before I go ? I hear Google is blocked in China. Just the Disney app ?
  4. In the park I hear both bad things and good things for every one good review I read there is a bad one, people cutting lines ... pushing etc..... I should try and figure out how to get fast passes and maximize them

These two guides will answer all your questions:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/shanghai-disneyland-trip-planning-guide/

https://tdrexplorer.com/shanghai-disneyland-planning-guide/

malice

I’ve also been looking into transportation options for an upcoming visit. Do you plan on heading directly to the resort from PVG?

I assume taking a taxi would be the quickest method. If the language barrier is a concern, it would probably help to print out in advance the destinations written in Chinese characters to show to your driver.

Another route is to take the Maglev train from PVG to Longyang Road, traveling aboard for 8 minutes. At Longyang Road transfer to the Shanghai Metro Line 16 (Seagreen color), traveling two stops to Luoshan Road. Then at Luoshan Road transfer to Metro Line 11 (Brown/Dark Red). The Disney Resort is the last stop, three stations away. According to the a metro trip planner widget the estimated travel time incurred is 24 minutes, so give or take 32 mins total travel on both Maglev and Metro.

Yes, a combination ticket is available, The Maglev Single Trip + Metro One-day Pass. It costs CNY 55 ($9) and allows passengers to take a single maglev trip (economy class) and unlimited subway rides within 24 hours. If you need to return to PVG, the round trip combo pass goes for CNY 85 ($14).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom