Shanghai Disney Resort Inspiration Run

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Shanghai Disney Resort is getting a race. Will be comprable to HKDL’s races with the longest distance being a 10K. Registration opens in July.
via HK Main Street Gazette
Disney theme runs around the world Disney Resort (except Tokyo) has been held for many years, Shanghai Disney Resort also joined this year. The resort will organize a road race named "2018 Disney Inspiration Run" in cooperation with the road racing brand. It will be held from September 15 to September 16, 2018. It has three races: 10 km. At 5 km and 3.5 km, all three routes will go to the Shanghai Disney Resort, including Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown, and Xingyuan Lake. Of course, many Disney friends cheer on runners along the race. Open registration in July.

Philippe Gas, the general manager of Shanghai Disney Resort, said: “The Qi Run Disney event, which will be held for the first time this autumn, is the latest continuation of the Shanghai Disney tradition that we’ve been enjoying around the world. Visitors of all ages wishing to be entertained at Disneyland and having fun in small and medium scales can choose their own schedule. We look forward to creating an unforgettable Disney experience for each contestant, and they can also explore the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. The resort has amazing views and fun."

Tokyo, where’s your race?

RunningKoen

Both of them, this inspiration run, and the marvel runs in Hong Kong, aren't from runDisney itself.

Im curious to see how this will develop.

RunningKoen

No question for me. I will go into serious debt. Whatever it takes.

2362122-whatever-it-takes
2362122_0.jpg
']https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--3ye1CEsT--/t_Preview/b_rgb:262c3a,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1518547161/production/designs/2362122_0.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
B9F7UPo.png

Time to rewrite it. Whatever it takes, cause we'll make some financial mistakes.

RunningKoen

My goodness. Could be a rather large haul.

If it ever returns:
1 DL + 1 WDW = Coast to Coast

International challenges:
1 USA + 1 Paris = Castle to chateau
1 USA + 1 Shanghai = Castle to China? (Synchrony?)
1 Paris + 1 Shanghai = Chateau to China (I am too tired to think of something witty)
1 USA + 1 Shanghai + 1 Paris = Classic Castle Combo
DL + DLR + Shanghai + Paris = Globe Trotter

3 challenges within a year= Classic Challenge Combo
4 challenges within a year = Nutjob. Who's so stupid to stop at 4?
5 challenges within a year = Ultimate challenger

Wait till I throw in some combo's with Japan aswell ;-) Or pink editions of these challenges.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If it ever returns:
1 DL + 1 WDW = Coast to Coast

International challenges:
1 USA + 1 Paris = Castle to chateau
1 USA + 1 Shanghai = Castle to China? (Synchrony?)
1 Paris + 1 Shanghai = Chateau to China (I am too tired to think of something witty)
1 USA + 1 Shanghai + 1 Paris = Classic Castle Combo
DL + DLR + Shanghai + Paris = Globe Trotter

3 challenges within a year= Classic Challenge Combo
4 challenges within a year = Nutjob. Who's so stupid to stop at 4?
5 challenges within a year = Ultimate challenger

Wait till I throw in some combo's with Japan aswell ;-) Or pink editions of these challenges.

Put down the C4.....

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
Details have been released for their Spring Inspiration Run. Here’s a concise summary from TDRExplorer.

This particular bit should be of interest becuase it appears to be a trial for something RunDisney would love to do at WDW or DLR, especially DLR.

The Regular Registration package enters applicants into a lottery, which randomly selects which runners will participate. If successful, runners have a few days to pay their fee and confirm their place. The price varies from 169RMB – 419RMB ($25 USD – $62 USD).

The Disney Inspiration Run Premier Package guarantees applicants a place in their chosen race and costs 1,599 RMB ($235 USD).

dreamfinder

Details have been released for their Spring Inspiration Run. Here’s a concise summary from TDRExplorer.

This particular bit should be of interest becuase it appears to be a trial for something RunDisney would love to do at WDW or DLR, especially DLR.

Aww crap. Really? I'm actually supposed to be in the Shanghai area that following week. Now I need to figure out ASAP if I can swing arriving a day or two early to make that happen. Gonna get pricy to throw in a few nights of hotels on my dime plus that $235 guaranteed reg cost.

Edit: And I just read the details, not gonna happen. Would need to fly in by Friday AM at the latest for packet pickup. Might be able to convince the boss to let me ding on working day to travel, but not 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom