Several Random questions/comments...

luvthemouse

Original Poster
i was recently in WDW (like 3 days ago) and was wondering a few things....on my way back and forth from Port Orleans where i sstayed i kept seeing signs for "Bonnet Creek Resort Construstion Acess".....is Bonnet Creek Resort the other name fro PC? im assuming it is cuz these signs are inthe same general area, but someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

also, while wandering around WS at Epcot i noticed a very large construction wall put up between somewehr before Germany (cant remember the exact locale but it wasnt infront of any exisiting country) Might this be a new country? anyone have some info?

anyone have any info or thoughts about "its a small world" Is it up for rehab anytime soon? i went to see it and i dont kno if the kids were just having a bad day or something but i counted atleast 10 dolls that had gotten stuck and werent working...also i noticed that the place is really filthy. i can only hope that it might be on a rehab list int he near future.

Comments:
The new Imagination ride is AWESOME!!!!!!!
Its great to see Figment back in action and causing "trouble" as usual. Go Figment!

i think thats all for now....:wave: hopefully someone will be able to answer someof these questions :)

Main Street USA

I believe the Bonnet Creek Resort is being built by someone other than Disney. There are plots of land inside the larger property that Disney doesn't own. A different company bought one of these plots, and is building a new resort from what I've heard.

As far as the wall in front of the WS area, my guess would be that it was near the small Spain area. Don't know what thats for, though.:)

jmarc63

I would suggest you do a search from the forums home page and put in "Bonnet creek" as your search parameters you will find all you need to know.

Her is as a copy of an article from the sentinel from june of last year, it wil give you the basics of the project , and I also includesed some links to the threads that include areial photos regaurding that area.

Bonnet Creek to get Fairfield time shares
By Todd Pack
Sentinel Staff Writer

June 27, 2002

Orlando-based Fairfield Resorts Inc. said Wednesday it will be the first company to built at the 480-acre Bonnet Creek Resort, which is bordered on three sides by Walt Disney World.

Fairfield said it will buy 46 acres from Bonnet Creek Venture Ltd. for a 744-unit time-share resort.

The deal is expected to close on Oct. 1. Construction will start in 2003, and the Fairfield Orlando at Bonnet Creek should open in June 2004.

Fairfield's agreement with Bonnet Creek gives the company an option to buy a second 12-acre parcel that can accommodate another 350 units.Franz Hanning, Fairfield's president and chief executive, called Bonnet Creek "the area's premier location for resort development."

Bonnet Creek is between Interstate 4 and Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Fairfield's resort will be accessible from Buena Vista Drive, which runs across Disney property.

That location should give Fairfield an edge in Central Florida's competitive time-share market, Hanning said, but its toughest competition could come from Disney itself.

Disney has announced plans to replace a quarter of its Disney Institute resort with 192 time-share units. Disney's Beach Club Villas time-share complex is scheduled to open July 1.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7744&highlight=Bonnet+creek

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10829&highlight=Bonnet+creek

luvthemouse

Original Poster
thanks for the info....the more i thought about it the stupider it sounded that the road i saw (the bonnet creek one) was for Pop Century....the road is really no where near PC....i must have been in the Disney haze when i hadthat thought...i also hadnt realized that there had already been a Spain pavillion...i thought it was something that was comming, not going. Guess i was gettin a little oto excited about there being a new country finally. :hammer:

luvthemouse

Original Poster
Also, is it just me, or does it seem that Disney and the surrounding areas are being taken over by timeshares? Seems to me that soon we wont be able to even go there if you dont have a time share....whatever happened to just good old fashioned hotel rooms?:lookaroun

Ash

I noticed the dolls at IASW in pretty bad condition too when I went in October. They should really do something about that.

I went in december and the dolls on theceiling werent moving at all. Well I hope that The Small World is on a list for rehab. It needs it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom