Seven Dwarf Mine Train Fast Pass +

Arty Cordova

Original Poster
Since we are pretty sure the ride will be opening May 2nd, when do you anticipate the fast pass reservation will be available on My Disney Experience.

Tom

Beta Return
Since we are pretty sure the ride will be opening May 2nd, when do you anticipate the fast pass reservation will be available on My Disney Experience.

Impossible to say at this point. They will probably wait until it's up and running before opening FP+ so that they don't have stampedes of upset guests at Guest Relations when it goes down all the time and people lose their Fastpasses.

That's just my guess.

Rob562

Impossible to say at this point. They will probably wait until it's up and running before opening FP+ so that they don't have stampedes of upset guests at Guest Relations when it goes down all the time and people lose their Fastpasses.

That's just my guess.

We also don't have any historical data to fall back on. There haven't been any new attractions that have opened since FP+ was offered. (The closest thing has been the Anna and Elsa M&G, but that's just a matter of scheduling. It's a far cry from opening a brand new attraction)

-Rob

cw1982

It would be nice if they would offer the FP+ for this one as an extra FP, at least for the first month or two, since there is always the increased likelihood of the ride going down, etc, as others have pointed out.

Rob562

It would be nice if they would offer the FP+ for this one as an extra FP, at least for the first month or two, since there is always the increased likelihood of the ride going down, etc, as others have pointed out.

If you have a FP+ for a ride that has broken down during your window, your reservation becomes a "wildcard" that can be used on just about any other ride in the park, including that same ride if/when it re-opens. (The only restrictions are that it can't be for any ride that you already have/had a FP+ for that day).

You just walk up to another ride at any time the rest of the day, tap your Band/RFID ticket and go right in. No need to schedule anything.

And if your FP+ reservation was for a time within an hour or two of park closing, the wildcard will also be good in any park the next day.

-Rob

Last edited:

cw1982

If you have a FP+ for a ride that has broken down during your window, your reservation becomes a "wildcard" that cane be used on just about any other ride in the park, including that same ride if/when it re-opens. (The only restrictions are that it can't be for any ride that you already have/had a FP+ for that day).

You just walk up to another ride at any time the rest of the day, tap your Band/RFID ticket and go right in. No need to schedule anything.

And if your FP+ reservation was for a time within an hour or two of park closing, the wildcard will also be good in any park the next day.

-Rob

Interesting! I had no idea. Thanks!

Rob562

Interesting! I had no idea. Thanks!

It's one of the least-talked-about benefits of the new FP+ system.

The FP+ system will even email you telling you of the ride closure during your window (I've heard push notifications from the phone app are in the works), so if you have your phone with you you'll know not to bother walking halfway across the park only to discover Big Thunder is closed due to technical reasons.

(Worst case scenario, you don't get the notification and you get to the ride to find it broken down, just like old FastPass, but now you'll have more options)

-Rob

cw1982

The FP+ system will even email you telling you of the ride closure during your window (I've heard push notifications from the phone app are in the works), so if you have your phone with you you'll know not to bother walking halfway across the park only to discover Big Thunder is closed due to technical reasons.

(Worst case scenario, you don't get the notification and you get to the ride to find it broken down, just like old FastPass, but now you'll have more options)

-Rob

I do have to agree that this is a pretty cool feature!

SMJ0724

-Rob

Wow! That's awesome! I haven't seen this stated anywhere in their FP+ policies, but that's a sweet extra benefit!

Kev1417

Didn't they build entire parks (EPCOT/MK) in the amount of time it's taking to build this coaster? How did they build the entire land before this coaster is finally complete?

Dwarful

So here is my question. Right now FP isn't available for the 7DMT. So tomorrow is my FP+ window to start making selections. On my MK days do I go pick two FP+ rides and then when / if 7DMT becomes available fill that empty FP+ slot with that ride? OR do I have to go ahead and pick 3 rides now, stalk for 7DMT and then if I get it...do I have to cancel one of my original 3 FP+ before getting to grab those 7DMT fp? am I making any sense? thanks for any and all help.

cw1982

So here is my question. Right now FP isn't available for the 7DMT. So tomorrow is my FP+ window to start making selections. On my MK days do I go pick two FP+ rides and then when / if 7DMT becomes available fill that empty FP+ slot with that ride? OR do I have to go ahead and pick 3 rides now, stalk for 7DMT and then if I get it...do I have to cancel one of my original 3 FP+ before getting to grab those 7DMT fp? am I making any sense? thanks for any and all help.

You don't HAVE to pick all 3 now, but I would go ahead and pick 3 if it was me, since we don't know exactly when FP+ will be an option for 7DMT. You can always cancel one if you need to.

Weather_Lady

You might as well pick a "filler" attraction. It's entirely possible that 7DMT won't become available. Don't waste a FP+ opportunity.

TomHendricks

I did the same thing, we're in MK two days for our next trip. On bothdays I have a "filler" FP+ selection so that if the Mine Train comes available I will try and get one for either day or hopefully both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom