Sequels

NowInc

As an animator I appreciate the art etc that goes into making the sequals...

as a CRITIC...i think they are a waste of time...they are obviously disneys attempt at making a quick buck with a cheesy gimic. They are making sequals to EVERYTHING (seriously), no matter if it makes sence or not...

The_CEO

I know tonight i saw a SEQUAL to CINDERALLA!!! I have no clue how long it has been out but i think it looks really stupid!!! lol

NowInc

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
I know tonight i saw a SEQUAL to CINDERALLA!!! I have no clue how long it has been out but i think it looks really stupid!!! lol

That actually just came out this week..it is one of the many planned...dumbo 2, pan 2, those already are out....

*sigh*

The_CEO

Just Peter is in theaters... Im actually looking forward to seeing the Country Bears coming out............

DETOUR AHEAD:

Hey ,,, quick undisney question.........The E.T. that is coming out in theaters........ Is that a sequal or what????

NowInc

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Just Peter is in theaters... Im actually looking forward to seeing the Country Bears coming out............

DETOUR AHEAD:

Hey ,,, quick undisney question.........The E.T. that is coming out in theaters........ Is that a sequal or what????

No..its not a sequal..its a re-release special edition..should be pretty cool...

Lance

This sequal stuff is getting out of hand, I know about Cinderella II, but I think I saw a Pre-Order ad for Snow White II!!!!!!!

TURKEY

The E.T. thing is rerelease with supposed deleted scenes and such. Kind of like a DVD on the big screen.

I don't like most of the sequels coming out now. I haven't seen most of them, don't plan on it really. I only wish they would leave the old classics and the new ones alone unless they made super quality sequels that are worthy to compare to the original. Use Dinosaur, Atlantis, Emperor's, and others that weren't that bad, but not like Snow White, Pan, Dumbo, Cinderella, Mermaid, Lion King, Aladdin, etc.

The_CEO

Gosh here is a list of SOME lol I like how I say SOME sequals....... Here it is:
The Matrix Reloaded(2)
The Matrix Revolutions(3)
Terminator 3
Austin Powers 3
James Bond 20
Men In Black 2
Rush Hour 3
Fast and The Furious 2
Peter Pan 2
X-Men 2
Star Wars Episode II
Harry Potter 3

The List keeps going and going and going...... I'm going to admit though........... I'm looking forward to seeing MB2 lol..........

~ Justin

Luau Cove

Spider-man will have probably two more sequels. As the HULK movie.
I really don't mind a sequel, if it doesn't spoil the primogenitor and fulfills my expectance like Star Wars or Back to the Future, maybe Aladdin, too.
But I saw many attempts to continue with a movie that ended in total failure, and I don't want Disney to ruin their own inventions, that makes no sense, though it makes money.
-->LUAU

kal1484

The sequels are almost never good. I wish they would go back to movies like B and B, not Atlantis and Lilo and Stich

TURKEY

I think Lilo and Stitch has a chance to be a good film. I think it will be better than most of the movies released in a while.

I heard that L&S will not have a strictly Disney soundtrack but contain some Elvis. I think that this could be the real weakness in an otherwise good movie.

MrPromey

There are some cases where a sequel is commercially AND critically more successful than the original. In the case of Disney, Fantasia 2000 comes immediately to mind. The original, took a few re-releases to make back the original budget and the response from critics was mixed. Fantasia 2000, released many years later had no problem making back it's budget even in the limited IMAX format and I do not recall reading any negative reviews on it. Although, this isn't 100%, Toy Story 2 serves as another example. It far surpassed the original in the box office and was considered by most to be a more thought out and more heartfelt story... I don't think that being a sequel necessarily means that a movie is riding 100% on the popularity of the original because it won't be able to hold it's own. I agree with many people on here who aren't too happy about the influx of recent sequels to Disney classics. The originals were written in another era and in most cases, the sequels don't hold true to the same theme and style attempting to be more "hip" for today's kids... I've not yet seen Return to Neverland but I'm guessing that it must be better than the others since it was originally planned as a direct to video and was thought to be of high enough quality to warrant a theater release. Also, from what I have seen, they have stuck to the traditional theme with the characters. This movie takes place in a WW2 era and from what I have seen in the previews, the characters seem to hold true to that era which contrasts greatly to many of the other recent sequels where the characters speak with modern new lingo (and, as can be found in the little mermaid 2, some even sport the latest haircuts)...

Firebird

I hate the sequals but even though I disagree that Peter Pan II should have been made it is apparently based on a scene cut from the original movie but is in the play where Peter comes back for Wendy but takes Jane instead, this I suppose is better. If they do make Snow White II which they undoubtadly will they truly have gone mad.:hammer:

NowInc

Originally posted by Firebird
I hate the sequals but even though I disagree that Peter Pan II should have been made it is apparently based on a scene cut from the original movie but is in the play where Peter comes back for Wendy but takes Jane instead, this I suppose is better. If they do make Snow White II which they undoubtadly will they truly have gone mad.:hammer:

SnowWhite II is available now for preorder .....

Goofster

Ohh geez I hope not, all the latest sequel news articles talk about how badly Disney fans want them to leave Snow White. There are numerous groups, and hopefully if it does become official there will be loads and loads of bad press about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom