September?

ELG13

We are thinking about moving our normal October trip to the week after labor day in Sept...maybe 5-9 ? What's September like? Last year was CRAAAAZY stressful with all the storms but we are Florida residents and we know that's just part of life down here. The few crowd calendars showed September as being the last low crowd time left ( although last year we went Sept 30-oct5 and the crowds were minimal...anyways...)Are there any conventions, sports things etc going on then? It seems that the crowds are catching on to the good times and the slow season is about to be summer!

JIMINYCR

September is still a better time to go than many other months. It has started to get busier than it was years ago, back when you could virtually walk onto everything with minor lines. When we went we were surprised by the longer lines than we were used to. The Food & Wine festival and MNSSHP fall into Sept dates and can bring in heavier weekend crowds and crowds on event dates. It can still be a hot month so be prepared.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Yes we live in Florida so the heat is one thing I'm hesitant about. It's such a hot humid time...but in October when we usually go, the rides the kids do generally don't have much of a wait. I'm hoping to avoid mnsshp. We did it once and that was enough. We are hoping to get some Disney time after dark. It will be me and the hubs 10 yr in October so I'm hoping if my mom goes we can sneak off for a night. Last year we got to and rode space mountain about 12 times!!! It was great! I was surprised that the crowd calendar I saw showed higher crowds this October...the part of the reason I was considering moving it to September.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Our anniversary is 9/8 so we are often there at that time. (Of course, last year that put us right into the hurricane.) We live in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Labor Day itself is surprisingly not bad, and an easier driving day than a typical Monday, but extra police on the roads.

Night of Joy often falls around that time, which is some kind of Christian event - most or all of which is officially held outside the parks, but you do get some increase in crowds.

We rarely have issues with hotels, ADR’s, FP’s except the top tier stuff, and enjoy F&W.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Our anniversary is 9/8 so we are often there at that time. (Of course, last year that put us right into the hurricane.) We live in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Labor Day itself is surprisingly not bad, and an easier driving day than a typical Monday, but extra police on the roads.

Night of Joy often falls around that time, which is some kind of Christian event - most or all of which is officially held outside the parks, but you do get some increase in crowds.

We rarely have issues with hotels, ADR’s, FP’s except the top tier stuff, and enjoy F&W.
Ok awesome! I'm so hesitant to switch bc we've had great luck with October and. Nervous to base the move off of a crowd "prediction" but generally they've been pretty spot on. I figure we might as well pull the kids out of school for a few days while we can. Me and the hubs have limited times that we can take off so summer vacations just aren't in the cards right now.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ok awesome! I'm so hesitant to switch bc we've had great luck with October and. Nervous to base the move off of a crowd "prediction" but generally they've been pretty spot on. I figure we might as well pull the kids out of school for a few days while we can. Me and the hubs have limited times that we can take off so summer vacations just aren't in the cards right now.

When our DS was young we took him out of school for Sept trips. He was an excellent student and had no issues keeping up with his assignments and didnt fall behind. Over the past few years more and more parents started doing the same to take advantage of the low crowd times... thats why it started getting busier. Comparing Sept & Oct. I think youll be better off with Sept. crowds.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
When our DS was young we took him out of school for Sept trips. He was an excellent student and had no issues keeping up with his assignments and didnt fall behind. Over the past few years more and more parents started doing the same to take advantage of the low crowd times... thats why it started getting busier. Comparing Sept & Oct. I think youll be better off with Sept. crowds.
Yeah our daughter is honor roll and our son is still in daycare so we aren't worried about it now. When they get older we probably won't pull them but I figure for now it's ok!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Not too bad crows wise. Very hot. Plus it’s rainy season.
Yes...rainy/ hurricane season always stresses me out. After last year's chaotic hurricane season I was stressed to the max. Ft.Wilderness reopened like 10 days before we got down there!

Upvote 0

GVentola

It's a good thing we live where we do and can take kids out of school for a vacation--I read about some poor guy who lives in the United Kingdom who got charged with truancy for taking his daughter out of school for a Disney vacation! They made him pay big money!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
It's a good thing we live where we do and can take kids out of school for a vacation--I read about some poor guy who lives in the United Kingdom who got charged with truancy for taking his daughter out of school for a Disney vacation! They made him pay big money!
That is crazy!! I feel like a family vacation aka quality family time is a very good reason for them to miss a few days it's healthy for kids to get that special time with their families. Plus...they need a few days of hookie just like us grown ups!

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

That is crazy!! I feel like a family vacation aka quality family time is a very good reason for them to miss a few days it's healthy for kids to get that special time with their families. Plus...they need a few days of hookie just like us grown ups!
I couldn't agree more. They might have a few busy days of catching up with homework but that teaches them that it does take some extra work to have that "off" time. If parents are willing to do what it takes to make sure their kids don't fall behind in school, I don't think there should be any issue with kids going on family vacations.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I couldn't agree more. They might have a few busy days of catching up with homework but that teaches them that it does take some extra work to have that "off" time. If parents are willing to do what it takes to make sure their kids don't fall behind in school, I don't think there should be any issue with kids going on family vacations.
I do know someone who's kids almost got held back bc of too many absences for mostly Disney trips....that's where I draw the line.

Upvote 0

yensid67

If you talk to your teachers, in most cases some will let the child make the work up BEFORE the vacation, but still there is making up the work when you get back! If I had a choice I would make the work up BEFORE I went on vacation! What ruins a vacation than coming back and having to play catch up at school OR AT WORK!!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
If you talk to your teachers, in most cases some will let the child make the work up BEFORE the vacation, but still there is making up the work when you get back! If I had a choice I would make the work up BEFORE I went on vacation! What ruins a vacation than coming back and having to play catch up at school OR AT WORK!!
I don't even like to think about coming back. The drive back alone makes me want to disappear! I have some awesome co-workers though and last year they had a venti white mocha from Starbucks waiting on my desk lol!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I just come back to hundreds of emails in my inbox so you're lucky!
Oh the emails were there...and the patients...but that white mocha made it just a smidge easier!!
That reminds me...I'm yet to stroll the streets of MK with a Starbucks! Everytime we walk by the line is too long or we are running to a breakfast ADR lol!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom