September Weather

tobesuk

Original Poster
Well I am in the final stages of my planning now as my trip over to Orlando looms ever nearer on 30 August. Just wondering how peeps think I'll get on with the weather..... I keep checking it evry day but I never seem to get a good idea of how it is at the moment over in Florida? I'm just hoping that I get to see Spectromagic on 31 August as that is the only night it is playing for the week I am there, just hoping that it doesn't get cancelled due to weather....... here's hoping!!!!

Tobes
xx

DisneyMan

I will be there in September as well... I have been keeping any eye on the weather and looks as though most of the days its been fairly sunny with highs in the upper 70's to mid 80's with the humidity around the same. Then always that magical moment of showers in the afternoon! :lol: But have no fear the weather will be great as will the low wait times for rides. Have fun!

-DisneyMan :sohappy:

jwsimms

Hi! My wife and I will be there the same time as you. We arrive late on August 29th. How long will you be there? We will be there until September 6th at All-Star Music. We visited the same week last year, and the weather was mid-80's and very humid. Fantasmic was rained out one night, and another day there was about a 20 minute shower at about 4:00 pm.

17 more days!!!!!

MarkJ

I'm from Solihull too!!!

Firtsly - if this is your first time there then ONLY A WEEK - YOU WONT HAVE A CHANCE TO DO IT ALL!!!!

But seriously - we will be there from the 29th for 2 weeks and have been 3 times in September - we may get the odd shower, but in the main its usually sunny during the day and dark at night (heheheheheeh) - the humidity is lower than july and august and the crowds are down too!!

Where you flying from Tobes and with which airline?

Have fun whatever!!

civileng68

Account Suspended
weather

The weather in Florida will start calming down in the next couple of weeks. Don't misunderstand me, it will still storm, but the frequency will start slowing.

Most storms occur before the time Spectro would take place. I will be there at that time as well.

No worries, you'll see it. I have been going to Disney alot since March and I have only seen the parade rained out one time (the last time I went, and the castle was struck by lightning)

Have fun, you'll be fine. take a poncho, the day may look beautiful starting out, but the chances are decent of a 3:00-4:00 rain.

jeffs10

Last year i went in sept and it was 90s all week.

I talk to some people and they expected it to be cold and all they broght where jeans and long sleves and they where wearing that in the 90 degree weather.

But over the past 4 years the average had to be in the 80s with rain. overall very good .

Jeff

tobesuk

Original Poster
Mark,

Flying from Gatwick with Virgin..... can't believe I make a post on here and get a reply from someone else in Solihull!!!!! lol

This will be my 5th time, but I am still to see Spectromagic due to one thing or another on previous visits!!!!

Tobes

ToTBellHop

Well, first of all, early September is right in the middle of hurricane season. The average high temperature is 90º, and it will still feel very much like summer despite the decreased park hours. Hopefully, you will get less rain than they have been getting all summer, but with as rainy as it's been right through the spring and summer, I would probably expect to get poured on most days--as others have said, it's sunny in the mornings, starts to pour around 4 pm (like clockwork), and if you are lucky, the rain ends within a couple hours...although of late, it has been pouring right on through to 8 pm or later. Not the best weather in Orlando this summer...I can't believe how muggy it was today--dew points maxed out around 78º, which is VERY humid. Wear deodorant :lol: The thunderstorms have been VERY intense lately, and SpectroMagic was rained out one night I was there, Fantasmic! the next...but I still managed to see Spectro 1x, Fantasy in the Sky 2x, IllumiNations 3x, and Fantasmic! 1x (I was only there 4 nights! lol)

Becky

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Well, first of all, early September is right in the middle of hurricane season. I would probably expect to get poured on most days The thunderstorms have been VERY intense lately,

Humans are drip dry:D :lol:

It can't be any worse than it was NYE:eek:

Sept. 20-27 will be great because I will be there:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Well, we may be impermeable all the same, but when they crank up the A/C on those busses, and I'm soaked to the bone...gosh...I shiver...you aren't supposed to shiver in Florida in August! lol I love how the disneyworld.com site makes it sound like Orlando weather is perfect year-round...not quite perfect :) And yet we all love it just the same haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom