Sept. Trip question

doc_holiday3500

Hello Everybody :wave: this is my first post and I have a quick question for all the Disney experts out there. My wife and I are planning are second trip as a married couple to Disney World, and we were planning on going from Sept 15 - 22 and are wondering what the crowds are like. We've read that it is usually less crowded but we are specifically wondering if it picks up much around "The Night of Joy" concerts? Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot, Doc

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
You've picked a fabulous time to go. Crowds will be minimal and wait times will be short. Also, the Night of Joy events will have already taken place by the time you visit.

Have fun! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Originally posted by doc_holiday3500
My wife and I are planning are second trip as a married couple to Disney World, and we were planning on going from Sept 15 - 22 and are wondering what the crowds are like.

Hey!! Maybe I'll see you there!! I'm going from the 19th to the 25th. And I too was wondering what the crowds will be like. I'm going to celebrate my birthday. But I'm going by myself!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

scorp111

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I am going to be there from the 18th-26th of September. My DW and daughter are going, along with some in-laws (mother, father, brother). We will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary while there, along with MIL 60th birthday and FIL 65th.

It will be my first ever trip to the kingdom....imagine...a well traveled 30 yr old who has never been... Although my wife and I did do DLP a couple of years ago.....

In fact, just 147 days to go...........:cool:

Upvote 0
We have gone in September several times and it's our favorite time to go. It IS the height of hurricane season, so you are taking your chances. We have had some near misses and a few times where it rained hard a few days, but it's WDW, so we really don't mind.

Crowd wise it is pretty quiet. This past year Mission:Space had the longest stand-by lines and actually Peter Pan did too, but other than those two attractions, we walked onto every ride....

Hours are shorter, but you can accomplish things much faster (and multiple times too). Then nights are spent relaxing and enjoying DTD or the Boardwalk or the resort.....

Have a great time. Welcome to WDWMagic....if you have any more questions let us know.

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

We have gone the last two years at this time and crowds were low...many things were walk ons and using fastpass, we didnt stand in line anywhere over 15 minutes.

Upvote 0

raven

Crowds? What crowds? There are no crowds in September after Labor Day. The longest line I waited in was 10 minutes and that was to catch a bus!

I'll probably be going in September this year too. But first I'll be there in 3 weeks!

Upvote 0

scorp111

I just noticed that you were going from Canada as well Doc....

Won't it be great to leave burgeoning cool temps behind...to enjoy the warm Floridian sun??

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We've never been able to go in September - my husband and I are teachers, and locked into the school calendar - but I have friends who've gone in September, and say it is the BEST time of year to go. Nice temperatures, low crowds, but still decent park hours. Have a great time!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

Originally posted by doc_holiday3500
Hello Everybody :wave: this is my first post and I have a quick question for all the Disney experts out there. My wife and I are planning are second trip as a married couple to Disney World, and we were planning on going from Sept 15 - 22 and are wondering what the crowds are like. We've read that it is usually less crowded but we are specifically wondering if it picks up much around "The Night of Joy" concerts? Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot, Doc

Sorry, can't provide much info for you.....but I did want to just point out that you're going at the exact time of my honeymoon this previous September. We too vacationed there from the 15-22 and let me tell you that the wait times are so minimal at that time of the year it's like you'll be walking onto everything. The only day we did encounter lines and had to use our Fastpasses was the day before we left (a Saturday). It's odd, but the past two trips I've taken to WDW including this last one has been from Sept. 15-22nd.

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

We are flying out from the UK on the 2nd Sept for our first trip staying at a Disney Hotel (Wilderness Lodge). I will also be celebrating my 21st birthday on the 8th September! We went last year in September having been numerous times before this in June and July and I have to say that September really is the best time to be visiting! Crowds are low, the temp is bearable and you get to ride all of the rides with a maximum wait time of about 10 - 15 minutes!

Have a magical time!!!!

*** Only another 126 days to go until all my dreams come true ***

:sohappy: :lol: :sohappy: :lol:

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

I guess I'm in for a bit of trouble then.

My trip is September 2 - 10. The second week may be dead, but what about the weekend OF LABOR DAY???

From the sounds of it, lines could be very long.

Upvote 0

ejfont

I will be there from 9/5-9/12 for our honeymoon, I was very excited to hear that there will be 7 for 5 codes next week. Thats extra money in my pocket!

Upvote 0

scorp111

The 7 for 5 is a good deal, but we have already decided we were uprgrading our 7 day PHP to Annual Pass ( Part of my plan on how to squeeze 3 trips to Disney in one year....Muhwaahhhaa:drevil:

Upvote 0

fruitcake

DH and I will also be there from Sunday, 9/19 - Friday, 9/24 in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary. We went the last week in September a couple of years ago and it was great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom