SeaWorld laid off 100 call center employees

Janir

"SeaWorld undertook a careful review of our operations and made a business decision to restructure our call center operations," a spokesperson said in an email to Spectrum News. "This move will allow us to better and more efficiently scale our call center to meet customer demand, especially during peak months."

Translated: It looks cheaper on paper to close the local call center and outsource it. Nevermind we we'll have poorer customer service and that will cost us $$ in ways we won't see directly on the bottom line.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Translated: It looks cheaper on paper to close the local call center and outsource it. Nevermind we we'll have poorer customer service and that will cost us $$ in ways we won't see directly on the bottom line.
Exactly what I was thinking too.
Outsourcing a call center to a foreign country (like what many tech companies have done) is not just wrong, it’s actually a bad practice.

Lilofan

"SeaWorld undertook a careful review of our operations and made a business decision to restructure our call center operations," a spokesperson said in an email to Spectrum News. "This move will allow us to better and more efficiently scale our call center to meet customer demand, especially during peak months."

Sea World Board of Directors also took a careful review of their new CEO. He quit earlier this week.

Janir

Exactly what I was thinking too.
Outsourcing a call center to a foreign country (like what many tech companies have done) is not just wrong, it’s actually a bad practice.
Right or wrong, I won't say except it usually turns out very bad for everyone involved except for the VP/c-level exec that made it, and the company that got the gig. The Employees certainly don't but sadly that's life. :( The company never makes out as well as they think they are going to, at best they wind up breaking even from before to getting it in the shorts in other ways they can't easily quantify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom