Seasonal Passholder news

Chape19714

Original Poster
i am a seasonal passholder, and i was just told via e-mail and postage, that Seasonal passholders just got the block-out end day moved up 3 weeks. Instead of being able to enter the parks on August 19, you may now enter July 30, which is this friday. so the block out from july 30-a9 has been lifted, so 3 extra weeks for Seasonal Passholders!!! And also there are some hotel discounts for this time period as well. Look for the letter in your mailbox.

lnsemsf

For the first time since they took the lounges out, I feel loved! This is great for some of my friends as well because their tickets would have expired before the blackout ended. What good news.

lnsemsf

RnRJoe6114 said:
I have not gotten the postcard or the E-mail about this and the official Disney site did not change the blackout dates.

Here is the exact wording.
---
Like magic, you've just scored three extra weeks!

As a special treat, you can use your Seasonal Pass for three extra weeks, from July 30th to August 19th, 2004! You don't need coupons or special numbers. Just use your curent valid Seasonal Pass at any Walt Disney World Theme Park and make yourself at home! It's out way of saying "thanks" for being part of our Passholder family!

Don't miss ESPN The Weekend at Disney-MGM Studios July 31st & August 1, 2004.

And take advantage of special rates at our Disney Value Resorts, starting at just $69 call us today at 407-W-DISNEY and ask for code AZB!
---

Looking forward to this weekend a lot more now! Party on Friday, recover Saturday, Disney Sunday! How fantastic.

phlydude

Is anticipated attendance that low that they were able to back the dates up? If so, good news for my vacation!
Anyone have any info on hotel booking percentages?

TVT

This might sound dumb.......but why buy a seasonal pass? Is there that big ofa price difference in that pass and a regular Florida resident pass? I just bough mine last week and paid $289 for the reg Florida resident A/P.....

Chape19714

Original Poster
TVT said:
This might sound dumb.......but why buy a seasonal pass? Is there that big ofa price difference in that pass and a regular Florida resident pass? I just bough mine last week and paid $289 for the reg Florida resident A/P.....

Seasonal Passes are much cheeper cause in my case, the family has to buy 5! I understand for you it's not that much extra, but for those of us who have to multiply that number by 4+ it becomes expensive. And plus, i log all of my trips and we never used out regular AP's during that time anyway, so it just made scence.

Chape19714

Original Poster
RnRJoe6114 said:
Why would it matter if it was an upgrade?

Let's take this made-up situation to answer your question.

you have a 4 day park hopper ticket. you wish to upgrade it to a higher pass. How you upgrade is by paying the price DIFFERENCE between the 2 tickets.
example:
So...1 day ticket=$55
play 4 day pass =$109

you will end up paying $54 as that is the difference. back to my story.

If you were to update to a higher pass, it would cost more to update to annual pass than to a seasonal pass. the seasonal pass does have block out days, but that may be ok, due to the fact that you may not be visiting during that period of time. So, price does matter in these situations. depending on how often you visit, and how many people you have, it may be cost feasible to go to annual instead of seasonal.

MissM

Last year we got the Play 4 days pass which we upgraded for another like $79 a ticket (there's just two of us) to get the seasonal pass. Doing it that way was very easy and affordable, plus we had never had passes before and didn't know how often we'd make the 90-mile drive to Orlando.

Turns out we used it to death. And we noticed that at first $7 and now $8 a day for parking, we easily racked up the difference in cost for the full annual (which includes free parking). Which is what we're now saving up to get. It's just that $600 is a lot of cash to drop at one time. The seasonal is really a good thing for people who want to go but not dozens of times. It fills a good niche market in my book.
-m

skeeter

TVT said:
Some of us are on a budget, and can't afford the extra dough---if you are fortunate enough to afford more, good for you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom