Searching phrases

No Name

Original Poster
Let’s say I search “Big Blue Box”. And I want results that have that sequence of words in that order. The problem is, I get results that just have those three words in some places somewhere throughout the post. For example, the first result in this case is a MisterPenguin post about the fox merger, which is definitely not what I’m looking for. How do I search specific sequences of words?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let’s say I search “Big Blue Box”. And I want results that have that sequence of words in that order. The problem is, I get results that just have those three words in some places somewhere throughout the post. For example, the first result in this case is a MisterPenguin post about the fox merger, which is definitely not what I’m looking for. How do I search specific sequences of words?

But you found me anyway!!!

Put it in quotes: "Big blue box"

Also, in Google: site:forums.wdwmagic.com/threads "big blue box"

No Name

Original Poster
But you found me anyway!!!

Put it in quotes: "Big blue box"

Also, in Google: site:forums.wdwmagic.com/threads "big blue box"

I thought that would work, because that’s how google searches work, but it gives me the same exact faulty results as not putting it in quotes. Of course the forum search feature is very broken right now, so perhaps once it’s fixed, this’ll work. Thanks for the reply regardless.

In fact, your post about the Fox merger, that just contains the words “big” “blue” and “box” separately, comes up before your forum abbreviation post where you have “big blue box” together. Which is just odd in any circumstance. But yes I found you!!!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I thought that would work, because that’s how google searches work, but it gives me the same exact faulty results as not putting it in quotes. Of course the forum search feature is very broken right now, so perhaps once it’s fixed, this’ll work. Thanks for the reply regardless.

In fact, your post about the Fox merger, that just contains the words “big” “blue” and “box” separately, comes up before your forum abbreviation post where you have “big blue box” together. Which is just odd in any circumstance. But yes I found you!!!

Well, that's odd.

When I do this...

1577460977327.png

This is my results...

1577461007040.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Well, it works for me.

What *doesn't* work for me anymore is the quick search box's "search in this thread." It doesn't. It searches the whole forums now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom