Sea World Busch Gardens Animal List questions?

yoda_5729

Original Poster
Is there anyone out there who has a list of all the different animals found in either Sea World Orlando or Busch Gardens. I take animal pictures, and some animals are tougher to find then others, and though I've been to Sea World a few times, I always seem to miss things, as I never know where all the different species are. I saw pictures of a False Killer Whale there, but have never seen one in my life. Any help would definently be appreciated.

I tried looking on the net, but couldn't find anything close to complete anywhere.

tds4ever

To see those false killer whales, or Commerson Dolphins, you have to go over to Aquatica Water Park right next door to Sea World Orlando. Currently were open all year round and we have 4 Commerson Dolphins on display. And you can even go down the Dolphin Plunge and go right past them, though you have to look quick cause you are moving awfully fast down the tube.

yoda_5729

Original Poster
Thanks. I might think about going to Aquatica, but my family and I are not much into water parks. Is there good photgraph opportunites. Most water parks are far too wet and wild.....no pun intended to try and take pictures and all. Also, what other animals are exclusive to Aquatica. Also I've never been in the artic area, are there many walruses, as that would be an animal I'd love to get a photo of. Thanks in advance.

Rabflmom

There are usually 2 huge walrus in Wild Arctic and at the end of most of the Clyde and Seamore shows there is a huge walrus that you can get a great picture of-out of the water.

One year when we were at SW during a very slow day we were the only people at the walrus windows for a long time. We spent lots of time in front of the windows watching the walrus. He must have seen my camera flash or my shiny glasses or something that attracted him to the window because instead of doing his normal swim up to the window, surfaces as he used the rock ledge to scratch his back, and back to the other side, he would swim right up to the window. I started putting my cheek up to the window and he would swim right up to my face like I was getting a kiss. It was really cute and fun to get such a reaction from him.

tds4ever

There are 2 areas you can see the Commerson's. First when you walk into the park the tank is right there and you can see them swimming around. At certain hours of the day trainers come out and feed them or do things with them so you get a better view. The second viewing area is at the bottom of the stairs to your left. There you get an aquarium view and can see them swimming together, usually in pairs. There is usually and Educator at both areas to answer all your questions.
Besides the Macaws those are the only exhibits in the park. They do bring out other animals through out the day like an African Eagle or large lizards.
Hopfully if the park expands in 2010 we shall see some more animals.l
Now if you have a ticket that allows you to go from park to park you can make a quick trip over to Aquatica then go back to Sea World.
Hope this helps.

SWatsi

The Commerson's are definately worth going to see. When I first went to Aquatica I must have stayed there for over an hour watching them. My family were worried sick that I'd gotten lst and they couldn't find me! :ROFLOL:I was loving it. I've got nice videos of them being fed and playing, and just swimming upside down. Hard to keep up with them mind.

As for the other animals. Do they bring out other animals in Aquatica? I've not caught that, when and where do they do that?

Are they considering expansion?? That's be cool..

Ituri13

Commerson's dolphins and false killer whales are two different animals. False killer whales, also known by their latin name pseudorca can be found in the show in the Key West area of Sea World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom