Screaming...

woofboy111

Original Poster
In alien encounter, during the main show, does anyone know how much of that screaming is real, and how much is being played through the speakers...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
most of it is done by the computer. It just takes common sense to tell them apart- if you're sitting in the top row and you hear screaming from behind you, then thats a computer

Fantasmic

Most of the comments... like "It's my mother in Law" are programmed in, I don't know whether they are random or not though !

woofboy111

Original Poster
I don't think those are random. You always seem to hear them at the same point throughout the ride, no matter where you sit.

Lee L

I've often wondered if there is a little artificial screaming outside of TOT directed towards the fastpass area and RnR as well, just to enhance the fear factor a little.

Kyle Brylczyk

It depends on who you're riding AE with (ever been trapped in there with a bunch of cheerleaders? you don't want to). I tell ya, though...when those programmed ones, Mother in Law, etc, kicked in the first time I saw it, I wasa laughing my off!

Tom Morrow

Yeah, thats one of my favorite parts of Alien Encounter, the Rodney Dangerfield ripoff guy! Or is it really him?

Also I do know that Disney makes fake scream noises on more than just Alien Encounter. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are speakers set up along the space mountain tracks that play scream noises. Tower of Terror does not project extra screams, or not that I know of. You can tell because certain elevators will be silent and others will be loud as hell (probably full of cheerleaders, LOL!). The noise you might be mistaking for projected screams is the sound effects played in the drop shaft - a high pitched whirring type noise, is one of them.

WDW/SFOG_freak

ok, this is simply complex...(perplexing isn't it?)

I know for a fact that there are more rides than AE that use fake screams. Last time I went there with my school, I did a little snooping of my own around places. I am not saying like going where I shouldn't , or when I shouldn't. I am saying more like when in those extreamly long lines for rides like TT, I would just look as closely as possible at objects and tracks. If you look around the entrance area of TT, around the area of the track above you, you will see speakers actually embedded into the track itself...but it is on the rear side of the track (facing the building). You can BARELY make them out because of the empecable themeing and painting they did. I know for a fact that on the following attractions fake screams are used:

AE
TT
Splash mountain
Space mountain
&
thunder mountain

if you look closely enough, you can see them, but they are EXTREAMLY HARD to see, I had to use my frind's telescopic lense on his camera on it's highest setting to see some of them and make certain that they were actually speakers and not just vents of some sort. :zipit:

(also, I am new to the boards, and hope to loads of fun imagineering here..heh):sohappy:

isnet396

There are not as many sreams in AE than in HM. However, AE has those one liners, like "Its my mother-in-law" (reffering to the alien). BTW, the people on the catwalk are REAL...Trust me, i've seen the training manuals....

Ian

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by isnet396
There are not as many sreams in AE than in HM. However, AE has those one liners, like "Its my mother-in-law" (reffering to the alien). BTW, the people on the catwalk are REAL...Trust me, i've seen the training manuals....

Ian

I know.. I used to work there. That was the second place I worked at in WDW. I used to hate doing catwalk.. it was sooooooooo boring. I actually fell asleep one time while waiting for the show, and nearly missed it. I got yelled at majorly for that

NowInc

Uhh...just because they have speakers doesnt mean they use fake screams...speakers are used for ANNOUNCMENTS such as ride problems or to yell at people to sit down...

NO screams are used on Splash, TT, or Thunder.

IN fact..when was the last time you heard a scream on TT?

Space is debatable because it always so unds like the SAME screams, but uhh..its a coaster..in the dark...people are going to scream..

As for thunder...I dont ever remember even being close enough to the tracks to hear the screams....and again..its a coaster..it wouldnt need the fake ones ;)

SMCM

Re: ok, this is simply complex...(perplexing isn't it?)

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak
I know for a fact that on the following attractions fake screams are used:

AE
TT
Splash mountain
Space mountain
&
thunder mountain
That's interesting that you know this for a fact, considering I work at Space Mountain and can tell you for a fact that the only fake screams are the ones on the warning monitors when you go through the first turnstile.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: ok, this is simply complex...(perplexing isn't it?)

Originally posted by WDW/SFOG_freak
I know for a fact that there are more rides than AE that use fake screams. Last time I went there with my school, I did a little snooping of my own around places. I am not saying like going where I shouldn't , or when I shouldn't. I am saying more like when in those extreamly long lines for rides like TT, I would just look as closely as possible at objects and tracks. If you look around the entrance area of TT, around the area of the track above you, you will see speakers actually embedded into the track itself...but it is on the rear side of the track (facing the building). You can BARELY make them out because of the empecable themeing and painting they did. I know for a fact that on the following attractions fake screams are used:

AE
TT
Splash mountain
Space mountain
&
thunder mountain

if you look closely enough, you can see them, but they are EXTREAMLY HARD to see, I had to use my frind's telescopic lense on his camera on it's highest setting to see some of them and make certain that they were actually speakers and not just vents of some sort. :zipit:

(also, I am new to the boards, and hope to loads of fun imagineering here..heh):sohappy:

Well if you're new to the boards you did a really bad job of making a first impression. We have people that are the "real deal" I.E. People that actually have worked, and do work inside Disney, and have much more intimate knowledge of what happens than your observations can provide.

I suggest that in the future you try and get your facts straight before you open your mouth. You've done nothing but make a few people mad now, and therefore you will not be taken seriously in this argument.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Forget the announcements, most of the rides you mentioned have ride audio! The speakers are not all screams!

fngoofy

Hey Fievel,

Who died and made you the boss?

Don't listen to geek boy there WDW/SFOG_freak, say whatever the heck you want.

raven

It's true! All fake screams! As well as fake tracks, fake lights, fake smells, fake air, fake cm's, fake money... the whole world is fake I guess! :lol: :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by fngoofy
Hey Fievel,

Who died and made you the boss?

Don't listen to geek boy there WDW/SFOG_freak, say whatever the heck you want.

Well, I've been around a LONG time on these boards. You wonder why I'm the first one to step into an arguement? Because I have the respect of most of the members on here. I get PM whenever anybody acts up...I investigate, and if necessary, I say something.....I get a fair amount of leeway in handling situations, and I'm rarely wrong, because the reason I try to do this is keep guys from running their mouths about things they don't understand, or think they understand. We have the "real deal" castmembers, insiders, etc that can provide us with all the information we need, and we don't need someone who has a telescopic lens telling us we are wrong. When a person who WORKS the rides mentioned tells him he is wrong, I'll put my money on the cast member every time.

This is how crappy rumors get started...somebody sees something that he doesn't understand, so he tries to make sense of it, and automatically thinks he knows what's going on. I encourage you to ask quesitons, and offer an opinion, but unless he helped install those speakers himself, I would not present his findings as "Fact".

Simple as that...you have a problem with what I do? Too bad....too many others are glad that I am here to fend off the crap that so often infests these forums.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by raven
It's true! All fake screams! As well as fake tracks, fake lights, fake smells, fake air, fake cm's, fake money... the whole world is fake I guess! :lol: :D

I would have to say that most of florida is a "fake state."

WDW/SFOG_freak

GEZZ, WHAT CROWLED UP IN YOU, DIED, AND MADE YOU BOSS OF EVERYWORD OF EVERYONE?!!!!!!

GEZZ....I didn't mean it like that...

I was only using the statement "for a fact" cause I THOUGHT that I was right in that area, and I have almost um, better not use undeniable as the word, someone may take it seriously wrong :rolleyes: ....um, I have ALMOST undeniable proof of those being fake screams comming from the rides I mentioned.

I say this ONLY because while I waiting in line, it had the same sounding screams for the same duration of time coming from the same direction. They either played in loops, or were the same.

Now this doesn't mean that they all ARE fake, just means that I was sitting there, not moving for at least 20 minutes it seamed...and there was the same sounding screams coming from the same directions, and in the same amount of time between the inervals...[edit]and because I had a high enough lense at the moment to see the so called "speakers", but they might have only been for other stuff, like on-ride audio for the differing characters, but it sounded like it was used for screams....[/edit]

Now that just may be because of my location at the moment.
but who knows..gezz, you need to lighten up A LOT!

I was only stating my opinion, and if it isn't liked, than don't listen...gezz:p :sohappy:

:wave: everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom