Scooter parking question

emry1222

Original Poster
My sister in law is coming with us to Disney this year. Her first time. And she will be needing a scooter. However we feel and think that she will be okay to walk around in small areas and just use it to get from one end of a park to another. Since we have never needed to use a scooter before can we leave it parked near an attraction where there is stroller parking? or will we have to lug it on every ride? (and before you ask why even bother with the scooter.... She will need. I do not see her making it from the main gate to the castle without ending up in severe pain and ruining her first visit!)

Thanks for your help

CAPTAIN HOOK

Since we have never needed to use a scooter before can we leave it parked near an attraction where there is stroller parking?

Yep, just look out for all the strollers and park it where there's room

or will we have to lug it on every ride?

Mmmmm - going to be a little difficult for her to sit with it on her knee through RockNRoller Coaster or Spaceship Earth :ROFLOL:

Parking places are ample - just ask the CMs

colliera

Ride Attractions v. Show Attractions

Aside from the attractions that are rides I can't think of any show performance attractions that can't accomidate scooters within the show buildings. Often either near the back or up front there is limited space for scooters and often seating for some family members to be with the individual with the scooter.

Many attractions have had the que lines reworked to allow scooters to proceed through the regular lines instead of having "reverse" access. Some require transfering from the scooter to a wheelchair. Check with guest relations at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and near the front of all parks for a booklet detailing each attraction. The park map has an abbreviated explaination.

At one time it's a small world and the Mexican boat ride had special boats that on which wheelchairs could be driven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom