SciFi Diner

mandib

Is it just me or does someone else really like this place? I mean in the unofficial guide theres so many bad reviews about it. The foods not the best but it's the atmosphere. Just wondering what everyone else thinks!

Fireman7

The Sci-Fi Dine-In theater is a must do on all of our trips to MGM. Mandib, you are right, it is all about the atmosphere. The food is basically average but its just a fun place to eat. The milkshakes are really good though.

Upvote 0

Epcot is my fav

This place is great......its really dark and the movies are cool. The food is below all the other food in WDW but you always like to try something new....the menu is werid it has a wide range of foods....overall this place is great to cool off and relax

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I absolutely love the atmosphere there! The first time that I went the waiters/waitresses scared the you know what out of me when they screamed. It was too funny!:lol:

Pam

Upvote 0

Hurricane

As with most things at DW, it used to be better....the food used to be much better and more highly themed, if you remember going there the first year the park was opened (or even on the first day as my family and I did) you would recall that there were intereesting menu items such as popcorn soup, and other menu items that incorporated movie theater snack food into the dishes, sadly budget cuts have relegated the SFDIC to standard fare in a highly themed atmosphere. Sorry folks, shoulda been here yesterday.....

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I liked the atmosphere, but I did not like the food. I felt for the money it should have been better. I would rather spend the money somewhere else. The price isn't worth it for just the theme.

Upvote 0

Scooter

My wife and I didn't care at all for this place. :(

The eating areas are way to small and we thought the food was high priced and mediocre at best.

The theming was nice, but once the movie shorts started repeating it just got annoying.:brick:

I would recommend going there once just to experiance it.

I think it would be more fun with kids. It was just my wife and I and we live close to a "REAL" outdoor theater so I guess we didn't quite enjoy the theming as much as some would.

Upvote 0

ACE

Great Place!

Attachments

• sci-fi.jpg
    sci-fi.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0

Nansafan

Reviews and opinions are like noses, everybody's got one. I only read the reviews to determine if the food is something our group will eat. (i.e. we won't visit a sushi place, not our taste.) Food is subjective and each person has their own tastes. My mother always said, "a difference of opinion makes for horse races." We enjoy the atmosphere at the Sci-Fi. Like many of the WDW restaurants, the menus change from time to time. I've had great food there and mediocore food there. We love to visit there every other year or so. With so many great place at WDW, we try and rotate the restaurants we visit. I recommend this place for everyone with kids or who like milkshakes.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I absolutely hate the Sci-Fi Dine-In and will never return...there are far too many great restaurants on property to waste money there. When we went, not only was the food crap, but our waiter was down-right obnoxious (not funny, just annoying), and in terms of atmosphere--I had kinda figured it would involve actually watching sci-fi movies, not just previews the entire time. Not a fan...you can do far better at MGM--50s Prime Time or my personal favorite, Mama Melrose's.

Upvote 0

Katherine

I like the restaurant. I don't like love or anything but it's fun! I think the food is a little cheap but the prices don't reflect. I would rather have lunch at the 50's prime time cafe then go there. But it's fun and I love watching the cheap ssci fi movies!:lol:

Upvote 0

meanmice

I love the sci-fi dine in. It's a must if you have kids. I enjoy the atmosphere and I think it's kinda cute. The food's not bad, just not anything special.

Upvote 0

optjay

My wife andI love going to SCIFI.
She is the most picky eater but have never had a problem. granted its not narcousies, but its still typicall disney food. We make a point of going every other trip so it is still fresh every time.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

We used to avoid it like the plague, then last year we thought we'd give it a try and loved it! It's on our list of things to do this year if we manage to get back to the World.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom