Schoolhouse Rock in Epcot--could it work?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Epcot today seems to have a severe case of IP obsession. Nemo, Three Caballeros, Frozen and now it's rumored that the Guardians of the Galaxy may join the fun. But let's say that all that went away over the course of the next few years, yet Disney still wanted to put IPs in the park (albeit with more care). Could IPs work in Epcot? Well, I think one would work like magic. It's a little slice of the 70s simply known as...Schoolhouse Rock!

In case you don't know about this, Schoolhouse Rock is a series of educational cartoons--so short, in fact, that they fit the length of an average Saturday morning cartoon commercial break. In fact, that's what they were originally produced for in the 70s for ABC. These cartoons taught lessons revolving around five themes--multiplication, grammar, American history/government, science and economics. I'm sure you've heard of at least a couple songs from this series--"I'm Just a Bill", "Conjunction Junction", "Interplanet Janet", "Three is a Magic Number", the list goes on.

I was thinking--maybe they could open something up in Innoventions and set up a screen to play the songs of Schoolhouse Rock or something like that. But do you think something like Schoolhouse Rock could work in Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom