School Trips

loriloughs

Original Poster
Does anyone know how high school music trips have changed since MagicBands have been introduced? Do school groups get MagicBands? Do they get them ahead of time so they can set up their own accounts to make fastpass+ reservations? Any information would be helpful.

ninjaprincesst

My daughters band went over spring break, you get magic bands upon arrival, but they only serve as a room key. You still had a card for admission and they only gave those out upon arrival so they was no way to link them to MDE and set up fastpass plus upon arrival. We had no issues getting fastpasses at the parks, but that was before the Frozen move and opening of the 7DMT

HRHPrincessAriel

My daughters band went over spring break, you get magic bands upon arrival, but they only serve as a room key. You still had a card for admission and they only gave those out upon arrival so they was no way to link them to MDE and set up fastpass plus upon arrival. We had no issues getting fastpasses at the parks, but that was before the Frozen move and opening of the 7DMT
pretty much this. My band and a fellow drill team director took theri kiddos and both reported this back.

Rob562

Going off the info from the above posts, I'd set up your MDE profiles now and connect to friends as necessary.

Then when you get to WDW you can try linking the tickets and Bands to your profiles and see if that works. (Ticket linking is under "Tickets & Passes", Bands are under "MagicBands & Cards") If it does, great. If not, then you're no worse off than before.

-Rob

surfsupdon

As of March, for group sales, MB only served as room keys.

We stayed at Caribbean Beach on our Senior Trip and were treated like offsite Guests when it came to FP+. Had to book Fastpasses at kiosks, day of.

It was terrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom